Restoring Text Messages

caresrg

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I had to factory-reset my Lumia 920, and it seems to have done a good job of restoring everything. EXCEPT text messages. I had it set to back them up automatically, but the most recent texts listed are from last December. Are the more recent ones gone forever, or is there any way to get them back?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can get them back. I am not sure. But similar happened to me and my girlfriend. When my girlfriend restored after getting a replacement it replaced all text messages except for the last 29 days. Mine restored all but the most recent week. A couple threads saved current though.

I am not sure what the problem is. But it would be nice if Microsoft added a "backup now" option in the backup settings besides just On or Off.

caresrg

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
They all came back! It was a little weird, and I'll try to be clear about what I perceived. It was almost as if the restoring process was "paused." There were a lot of threads that had links saying "Get media content now." I think they were the "texts" that had either pictures OR were group messages--anything that used MMS. As soon as I tapped on a few, the restoring process continued. It paused a few more times, but I could get it to continue that way. I'm not sure what caused the pausing, because I had way more MMS messages than times that it paused.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans