Camera problem with amber update on both Lumia 820 & 720

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasser Moradi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone
I've had updated my phones ( lumia 720 & 820 ) into amber update and windows phone GDR2
After that, I've poor camera quality. ( Very poor , worse that old 5MP phones ! )
What's a problem ? and What can I do ?
Best regards

Yasser Moradi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
More information: I've performed reset on Lumia 720, it's data and it's applications and it's settings are now gone, but the updates were not removed, and the problem is remained )-:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
More information: I've performed reset on Lumia 720, it's data and it's applications and it's settings are now gone, but the updates were not removed, and the problem is remained )-:

Did you do a hard reset or soft reset? Also doing a reset does not remove the update.

Can you post some pictures so we can see what you're talking about? I've read on other threads that people are having issues with camera after the update but some was with camera pro, others just with camera.

Yasser Moradi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I've used "Settings>About>Reset"
Thanks for your reply
My problem is with all camera applications, all of them are taking photos badly.
Photos were far better before update
One of my phones is for another person in fact, and she has bought that phone only for camera.

Yasser Moradi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Reset Lumia 720 didn't solve the problem
I'm installing update GDR3 on my phone (Lumia 820) , maybe this solves the problem
Any idea is appreciated

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Reset Lumia 720 didn't solve the problem
I'm installing update GDR3 on my phone (Lumia 820) , maybe this solves the problem
Any idea is appreciated

So you did a hard reset then. That's interesting.

I'm not sure GDR3 will help your problem. The camera is Nokia firmware, not OS based.

I would personally contact Nokia Care and explain what happened. As I suggested putting up some samples would be good. Maybe someone would have an idea.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Installing GDR3 won't make any difference. Camera configuration is mostly controlled by OEM drivers, so you'll have to rely on Nokia updates. Anyway I do agree that photo quality with Amber has somehow 'degraded'. It doesn't come out as sharp as it used to, and it adds a bit of a yellow hue when pictures are taken. This is very noticeable in the Pro Cam, but the stock camera do this as well. I personally want to downgrade to pre-Amber, but there are features that I use that came with Amber and I don't really want to lose them. The photo quality can be fixed anyway with lenses like Camera360 and ProShot, and they're better imo.

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Nokia care for this. This is what they told me..

"This email is in reference to the concern with camera quality in your
> Nokia Lumia 720. I value the importance of the information that you are
> seeking and I am happy to assist you.
>
> In response to your email, I request you to restore the factory settings
> of your Nokia Lumia 720 in order to get the issue resolved. It is
> recommended that you take a backup of your personal data before restoring
> factory settings of your device.
>
> Kindly follow below mentioned steps in order to take backup in your Nokia
> Lumia 720.
>
> Start Screen > Settings > Backup
>
> To restore factory settings of your Nokia device kindly follow the below
> mentioned steps:-
>
> Start screen > App list > Settings > About > Reset my phone
>
> Note: for backup procedure you must have a working data connection."

Yasser Moradi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
These are my tries:
1- Reset to factory settings in Lumia 720
2- Install GDR3 on Lumia 820
3- Install Camera360 3rd party app, which is far better than normal default camera app, but it's not better than photos which were taken before amber and gdr 2 updates.

Thanks you a lot

I've no access to nokia care, but their solution ( reset ) was not useful, at least for me

Any idea ?

Thanks again

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an idea. Not sure if it will work or if there's any possibility of it fixing your issue but I thought I'd offer up a suggestion.

Nokia brought out this software to help with the spinning gears issue but it reloads the firmware on your phone so why not try this? Since you've already tried the hard reset option. I suggest reading through the blog post prior to trying it.

How to easily fix the Lumia reset spinning cogs at home : My Nokia Blog

garry saini

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I got the Amber Update for my 720 last night. It's a nice little update, except the camera seems to perform worse. The images always seems to be washed out and more blurry. in low light it takes (much) brighter photos, but also a lot noisier and blurry. And the images always seems to have an awful green colour tint. I'm a bit annoyed right now :smileysad:. Anyone else experience this on their lumia? i was go to the nokia care but they was not able to solve the problem .. please help me what i can do..

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
this has been discussed in length, the camera is now capturing a more raw image that is more suited to post processing than before. the sensor is giving you more information to work with and filter out instead of making up data after the fact.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
this has been discussed in length, the camera is now capturing a more raw image that is more suited to post processing than before. the sensor is giving you more information to work with and filter out instead of making up data after the fact.
This is no good. have you taken a look at how pictures look with these awfull bugs? My lumia 920 used to take great photos until amber. now pictures look a lot worse even than an iphone 4

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is no good. have you taken a look at how pictures look with these awfull bugs? My lumia 920 used to take great photos until amber. now pictures look a lot worse even than an iphone 4

my photos look fantastic when processed after the fact by one of the many camera apps

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
These are not bugs. Learn how to use a camera. I am not being sharp with you, it indeed needs to be learned. Aggressive noise reduction is a bad thing, not a good thing. You can apply your own NR to the shot afterwards with ease. This is how it SHOULD be done. Nokia is one of the few makes that actually know how to make a phone camera properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb