Can I connect to car radio?

tomasp

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently with a 7.8 WP - Lumia 900, and before upgrading to a WP 8 I'd like to know if I can connect the cell phone to my car's radio to listen the MP3 I have stored in the cell phone.
This is not possible with WP 7 but any Android or iOS can do. Despite the simple question, I can't find a straight forward answer to this.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
That info will be with the car manufacture, some you can some you can't.
Check your owner's manual for the car under Stereo/Radio and or Bluetooth settings etc..

tomasp

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Fiat Bravo. Before the Lumia 900 I had an iPhone, and it always worked fine on the USB port, but the Lumia 900 never worked, at the time I bought it I was told it was a WP 7 limitation due to the system architecture, apparently the WP 7 does not support mass storage . But, as long as the architecture changed with WP 8, I'm curious about this, with the mass storage feature available, would I be able to connect the phone via USB or Bluetooth? Can I browse the files from computer when it is connected?

Thanks for the patience :)

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
To answer everyone's question, yes and no on working. Yes it will work via Bluetooth 2.0 and higher. You can sync your phone and can play your music wirelessly, and even stream Pandora wirelessly as well just won't have the text appear on the unit. No it will not work via USB since WP8 does not support Mass Storage mode via USB.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I do not have a bluetooth connection in my car but I do have an aux port. This allows me two options:

1. Connect the phone directly to the aux port via a cable to the earphone jack
2. Plug a bluetooth receiver into the aux port and connect to that.

Both work well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven