Unable to accept new Terms of Use, can't download/update apps. Help!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

Microsoft has updated its Terms of Use, which will go into effect next month. Because I am under 18, my parent must accept the new terms for me so that I can download/update apps from the store. I went to windowsphone.com, then went to "My Family." It said to go to xbox.com and sign in. I did this, and all seemed well - the new ToU popped up and it told me to accept. I did, but then I was brought to the sign in page again. I signed in again, and the ToU shows up. I accept it again, and the sign in page comes up. It's stuck in a loop for some reason, preventing me from accepting. Does anyone know another way to accept the new terms?

Thanks!

kmcgee381

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
i know how to accept the terms of use!!!! first of all,does it say that you need to accept the terms of use when trying to download an app on wp8? well first of all you need to have a parent in your family on windows phone.com. get your parent to sign in and then go to your family. beside YOUR name it should say 'terms of use not accepted'. then under that it should say 'fix it'. click into that link and it gives you the option to accept the terms of service. i hope this helps as i struggled to find how to accept these!!!:smile:

Knights2257

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
This is actually relatively easy to solve. If a parent goes to windowsphone.com, clicks on "My Family" the ave to accept the TofU. Following that they have to go in to settings under the child's profile and choose which ratings and brand of apps can be downloaded. The one thing to watch is you can basically choose free/paid and even if an app is free it counts as Paid if there is any type of microtransaction system (like Angry Birds). Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos