My Family: how to remove it

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm 17, and my dad doesn't really monitor what I do on my phone anymore. I tried to get rid of My Family so I can actually download stuff (I had to accept the Terms of Use, but I figured, it might be easier to just get rid of My Family altogether). But now that I did, it says that I need to set up My Family before downloading and updating apps. What do I do?

Jessica Drummond

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to do the same thing. I called in and asked if there was anyway i can take it off since I'm 17 also all they said its something in the phone that needs to be taken off so the best thing you can do is probably take it to a place that can do that for you like the company to your phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I found it easiest to just create a bogus account and make it your parent, then mess with the controls as you see fit from there on.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Somewhat unrelated, but I found this pretty amusing.

I just got an Xbox One and was buying some DLC, when my son walks by and sits on the couch next to me. The Xbox One recognized him, signed him in and proceeded to hide almost everything in the store, preventing me from buying the DLC I wanted to purchase. I had to tell my son to stand to the side, outside of the Kinect's view and sign him out, just to make my purchases.

I later found the option in the settings to disable the Xbox One from hiding content deemed not suitable for my son (based on the settings I chose) from showing up whenever he is logged in.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat unrelated, but I found this pretty amusing.

I just got an Xbox One and was buying some DLC, when my son walks by and sits on the couch next to me. The Xbox One recognized him, signed him in and proceeded to hide almost everything in the store, preventing me from buying the DLC I wanted to purchase. I had to tell my son to stand to the side, outside of the Kinect's view and sign him out, just to make my purchases.

I later found the option in the settings to disable the Xbox One from hiding content deemed not suitable for my son (based on the settings I chose) from showing up whenever he is logged in.

That would be neat if it could do that with nudity in movies.

Young child walks in... naughty bits automatically blurred. lol

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's easy. Set your age to 18 years (or whatever the acceptable age is in your country) on your Microsoft Account.

Now you don't need "My Family" to download apps.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's easy. Set your age to 18 years (or whatever the acceptable age is in your country) on your Microsoft Account.

Now you don't need "My Family" to download apps.

I'm pretty sure I found somewhere it wasn't that simple, I don't really remember though. I probably would've done that if I could.
But this was last September.

bendie thomas

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm 17, and my dad doesn't really monitor what I do on my phone anymore. I tried to get rid of My Family so I can actually download stuff (I had to accept the Terms of Use, but I figured, it might be easier to just get rid of My Family altogether). But now that I did, it says that I need to set up My Family before downloading and updating apps. What do I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12