Nokia camera/QR codes not working at all - app exits

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Problem (on my 920, GDR3, but it seems it's not device specific):
When I try to take a photo of with Nokia Camera (previously Nokia Camera Pro) the application exits back to the homescreen.
When I try to scan a QR code from Bing camera icon, the same thing happens.
Edit: new problem: Just realised Glance screen not working. WHen I go into Glance settings, they're all greyed out...
Edit: another new problem: Nokia refocus also not working. App exits when trying to take picture.
Edit: another! I've just realised I have no lights at the bottom on the back, home and search keys.

It really looks like I've got a lot more issues than I initially realised!

I've tried:
uninstalling/reinstalling Nokia Camera
soft reset
uninstalling suspect apps

I think it started some time around 16th Nov - as that's when my last photo was taken with Nokia Camera (and uploaded to Skydrive). But when I try to look at 'Purchases' in my MS account, I get 'Try again later' all the time - which means I can't work out what was installed that day.

I can see some reference to this on Nokia conversations but minimal. Even hard resetting (anecdotally) doesn't sort it.

ANyone got any suggestions? Really appreciate it.

Last edited:

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this. Yes, I guess Hard reset is the way to go and thanks also for the post (I ALWAYS get spinning gears on a reset). Will this mean I have to reinstall GDR3, do you know? Thanks again for answering!

EDIT: Just in case anyone comes back to this... I'm starting to think it's a proximity sensor issue. Gonna try a vacuum cleaner! Annnnnnnd... that did nothing. This looks like a repair job.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this. Yes, I guess Hard reset is the way to go and thanks also for the post (I ALWAYS get spinning gears on a reset). Will this mean I have to reinstall GDR3, do you know? Thanks again for answering!

EDIT: Just in case anyone comes back to this... I'm starting to think it's a proximity sensor issue. Gonna try a vacuum cleaner! Annnnnnnd... that did nothing. This looks like a repair job.

The spinning gears is part of the reset process, it's only an issue if it keeps going for longer than an hour.

As for the GDR3 question I don't know. I'm assuming it's the dev preview?

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, persistent spinning gears, I mean.
Yes, dev preview.

Anyway: think my problems are worse. Proximity sensor seems to be in serious trouble. No amount of vaccuming/blowing etc is helping. Interesting how many things are affected by this... Will try hard reset again and report back.

Well.... I'm editing my previous 'SOLVED' message. It did right everything but within a few days, I was back to where I started, now with a new feature of no rotation! Not sure what to do beyond here. Would RMA but cracked the screen several months back (everything's been working fine up until recently) and they'll prob say any damage was result of fall.

Now there are a few others popping up with the problem too...
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...broken-on-my-lumia-920?forum=winphoneosissues
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nok...roblem-seems-to-be-a-softwarebug/td-p/2195059

Last edited:

Abhishek windows

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Friend I own lumia 720 running on windows 8.1 updated to the latest software.Iam facing the same problem as yours.Could you please rply me if u find a solution for this.please help.Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro