Windows Phone 8 UI Concepts

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Made some concept designs for what how i thought MS could improve, refine, and polish the Windows Phone UI, and wondered what you guys thought.

Due to large, page bloating size, images can be viewed on Imgur: Windows Phone Reborn - Imgur

Comments and suggestions welcome! :)

NEW: Updated concept design: #post2369379

Also made a uservoice thread asking microsoft to refine their UI (not necessarily in the way as shown in the concepts, but at least to do something {WP needs it}, while merely giving my images as a suggestion): Refine and Polish the Windows Phone UI - Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
hmm I like the concepts:cool: except for the calendar .... don't tell imore but I think it looks like their ios7 calendar :wink:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Nothing too radical, I really like the home screen.

One of the features of WP I am a huge fan of that a lot of other posters do not seem to be is the calander. I love the WP calander, the way it syncs with Outlook, and all the options. The visual of yours is interesting, but I think it loses it's "business" type feel which you need to attract professionals to WP.

Otherwise, I like it. The background color to go with your accent color is a really neat idea.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Nothing too radical, I really like the home screen.

One of the features of WP I am a huge fan of that a lot of other posters do not seem to be is the calander. I love the WP calander, the way it syncs with Outlook, and all the options. The visual of yours is interesting, but I think it loses it's "business" type feel which you need to attract professionals to WP.

Otherwise, I like it. The background color to go with your accent color is a really neat idea.
I like how the calendar is now :smile:!!!!!!!!

Ayush_WP

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I like the concepts, but they definitely shouldn't incorporate those colours that you have put. Its toooo ios7 like. And i hate iOS7. keep it simple. Keep em solid. No gradients please.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the concepts, but they definitely shouldn't incorporate those colours that you have put. Its toooo ios7 like. And i hate iOS7. keep it simple. Keep em solid. No gradients please.
I think WP needs gradients. Not much. Just a few. Look at XBOX. It has gradients. In fact, i'd go as far as to say XBOX has one of the best implementations of modernUI out of all of MS' products.

But thats just me i guess...

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
windows_phone_8_8___2021_by_saphfan32-d77ovex.png

[SUB]Posted via Deviantart[/SUB]

Based on this: Productivity Future Vision (2011) - YouTube from the Microsoft Office team

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett