After one year of use: Windows Phone bugs and annoyances

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainplane

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
After one year with the Lumia 920, there are some great things about Windows Phone and some features missing vs other phones, but there are also some really annoying basic things that MS should address.

• Messaging keyboard disappearing mid-message. This is one of the most annoying aspects of the keyboard.
  • Rollover on websites not working. Try logging out of Amazon.com desktop site using IE. It's almost impossible.
  • Also, the back button sometimes just stops working and links stop working in IE. This seems random.
  • Easy to accidentally pressing Bing search. They need to add a setting to disable or make it active on long-press or double-press.
  • No phone dialer as a start screen icon. Dialing a number requires you to go to the phone app and then clicking on a tiny icon. There are dialer apps but it should be part of the phone feature.
  • No battery percentage number. The info is there in settings, but it should be visible at the home screen. The icon bar is also not very granular so a percentage number would fix this.
  • Inconsistent battery drain.
  • The contextual back button is annoying. It shouldn't be used to close apps or if it does, it should be a double-tap or something.

RobbyRob

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Most of that is preference. My keyboard does not disappear. My back button does not stop working. The rest of it doesn't bother me. Maybe you have a defective device?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Classicsmiley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my 920 for just over a year. So far, my biggest complaint is the lack of profiles for ringer and notification sounds. Most of the time I remember to turn my email and text notification sounds off at night, but when I forget, I then get woken up in the middle of the night when I get an email. I'd really like to be able t tell it to turn them off automatically at 10pm, and back on at 6am.

jib19

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I definitely agree on the bing search button and the battery percentage issue. The issue with closing apps should be solved with the next update, by pressing back and then clicking 'x' on each app window however.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my 920 for just over a year. So far, my biggest complaint is the lack of profiles for ringer and notification sounds. Most of the time I remember to turn my email and text notification sounds off at night, but when I forget, I then get woken up in the middle of the night when I get an email. I'd really like to be able t tell it to turn them off automatically at 10pm, and back on at 6am.

Agreed. We really need this...

Quiet Hours for notifications: Coming to Windows Phone Blue? | Windows Phone Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6