Saving a video clip

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I shot a video using my Lumia 1020. The video is saved under "camera roll". My question is, how can I save the video under videos? That way when I open the "music+videos" hub, the clip is shown there?

Heck, also, why can't I rename the video that I shot even?! Did I miss something? Or all the above can be done ONLY with my phone connected to my laptop? 😞

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The method I know of is cumbersome, and it requires your phone connected to your laptop.

That is, put the video you took onto your laptop and sync it onto your phone. Unless cloud services count, that's the only way I can think of.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you watch the clip it will show up in the Music+Videos hub under Recently played, but I don't know of any way to actually save a video you shot under a different name and/or move it from Camera Roll to Music+Videos.

Is there a particular reason you're trying to do this? If you can explain your needs a little more, folks may be able to help you find an alternative path to success.

For example, you could use Nokia Uploader to name and save your clips to YouTube. You could use the myTube app to subscribe to your own feed, or create a playlist from your clips- and then pin the subscription or playlist to your start screen. You could even download them. They wouldn't show up in Videos, but they would have proper names and be segregated from your camera roll.

I'm sure folks can suggest lots of options, but probably not EXACTLY what you want, which is essentially a "Save As..." capability.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for your responses. Essentially, I would like a "save as" option to rename and move the clip onto the "music + videos" hub for easier organization.

Seems like the cumbersome approach may be the only option for me. Then again, having personal video clips uploaded via Skydrive may also be a good idea. Whenever I want to access the clip, I can just stream it through the Skydrive app. The only downer is I would have to be online to view it/them.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for your responses. Essentially, I would like a "save as" option to rename and move the clip onto the "music + videos" hub for easier organization.
Yeah, that makes sense; but I don't see that functionality coming soon (if ever). If you opt for SkyDrive, you could selectively push these specific videos to SkyDrive if you didn't want to auto-upload your entire camera roll. Select a video, press three dots then "save to SkyDrive". You'll be able add a "comment" before the video actually uploads. This comment doesn't become the actual file name, but it will be clearly associated with the file when viewed in SkyDrive (and could thus function kind of like a name). Also, videos (or photos) shared directly will not appear in the camera roll folder on SkyDrive; they appear in a separate folder called mobile uploads (providing some segregation).

All that said, I would personally go the YouTube route. In my experience it has always been faster to access, manage, stream and download videos through a YouTube client like myTube than through the SkyDrive; same thing if you're using a laptop- the YouTube site is faster than SkyDrive. Also, if you're sharing these videos YouTube links work very well on every platform; SkyDrive less so.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

How can we take the crisp, clear video from our 1020 and send it to friends via the phone? Sending via text makes the video extremely grainy and choppy.

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon