Phone cannot detect wifi at my own house

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I was not using and somehow my younger brother accidentally switched off the main switch which also turned off the wifi modem at my home. Obviously my phone would lost connection to the wifi. And when I tried to reconnect to the wifi, the name of the wifi doesn't pop up anymore. I tried rebooting and full resetting my phone, nothing changed. My phone still can't detect my home's wifi but it can detect the neighbour's wifi. (I am using the GDR3 Preview for Developers)

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My family members' devices reconnected to the modem as soon as it was working. I can't do anything with my phone after trying to full reset my phone.

cgranjaobando

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried to reset your router?... its works but I think this is an issue from windows because my 520 it can detects neighbours wifi networks but not my home's

wkrwk

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing this exact problem with my Dad's phone, Lumia 525. The 525 can detect other wifi except the house's wifi. And other devices can connect to the house wifi except the 525. I've reset and reboot everything. Still can't solve it. Have you found a solution?

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing this exact problem with my Dad's phone, Lumia 525. The 525 can detect other wifi except the house's wifi. And other devices can connect to the house wifi except the 525. I've reset and reboot everything. Still can't solve it. Have you found a solution?
I have but I called for assistance from the internet provider, I suggest you do the same.

T-System

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I know this is old but seeing as it is a top result on Google:

Try changing the Wireless Channel on the router. I had recently changed mine to 13 to avoid interference. It was working for a while and then one day the the wireless network simply disappeared. I couldn't understand why.

Changed it to Channel 1 and all was well again. The Lumia 920 may only support standard Channels 1 - 12. If suffering from poor Wireless bandwidth, try setting your wireless router to Auto. It should sort it all out for you.

Hope this helps

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks so much, your solution has just worked for me. I changed the channels from Auto to 1. Then all of a sudden the WiFi was detected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99