WP8 won't open my mobile boarding pass

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. I can have Delta send me a link to a mobile boarding pass via text or e-mail. The problem is when I click on the link in the text it will not open. It said I need to install UCBrower, so I did and still no mobile boarding pass. This feature worked fine when I had a phone from the Borg, and it's truly one of the last things that is frustrating me on my switch to WP8.

HELP! :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience with Air Canada but I gave it a try the next day and all was fine. I had time to do that by the way.

Far as I know there's no reason why it shouldn't work with WP.

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I do have their app, and it works great. No boarding passes in-app tho. The either text or e-mail them to you. Not sure of the format, it's a link to: Error left out the last part because there is personal data on the pass. :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Really? It says it will do boarding passes in the description, and even has a screenshot. If it doesn't, they need to update their store listing....

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd bet that's a cut-and-paste from their other OS apps. I even updated on my trip to LA last week and while it added some cool stuff no boarding passes.

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Fixed my issue by changing my IE preferences to use the desktop version. I didn't even know they had 2 IE version you could choose......... settings> applications> internet explorer and change your preference there.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Slightly off topic, every time I'm at the airport security checkpoint, there is always one or two passengers hold up the lines because of their mobile boarding pass on iPhone won't get recognized by the scanners. They have to spent couple minutes to keep retrying and even switch to different scanner. I made a note to myself to NEVER use a mobile boarding pass.

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Never had 1 problem in over 100 flights with my iPhone.......that being said I have seen plenty of issues, and it was normally some dumbarse who didn't have it ready to be read when it was their turn.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Maybe save the bar code/QR image file then send just the image to your phone. I just open up the email and the scanner at the airport picks it up. Strange.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using WPCentral Forums app

Koko GIno

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've used the Fly Delta app quite a few times and I don't recall it showing a boarding pass necessarily, but it does have a QR code that they scan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck