Can't add contacts directly to phone

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I can only add contacts to my Facebook and Outlook accounts. Can't seem to add them to the phone itself like the good old days.

What am I missing?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I can only add contacts to my Facebook and Outlook accounts. Can't seem to add them to the phone itself like the good old days.

What am I missing?

That's the way it works. Contacts are linked to an account. It helps in auto backup. Also, as part of the people hub integration, it gives you the option to search history of the contact in the account.
Take it from a person who lost contacts - I didn't backup to my computer often enough, and I am so glad for auto backup on WP :-D

Last edited:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
No. You can hide contacts of a particular account from the list so that they dont appear when you view the list, but you can still search for them. For this fo to People Hub > Settings > filter contact list.

There's no way to hide only certain contacts.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
No. You can hide contacts of a particular account from the list so that they dont appear when you view the list, but you can still search for them. For this fo to People Hub > Settings > filter contact list.

There's no way to hide only certain contacts.

I'm totally in the dark how to approach this. Like I said, if I accept my Hotmail/Outlook list, it lists down the hundreds of people I had in MSN Messenger harking back to the good ol days of 2005 (stopped using Messenger in 2009).

And same with Gmail...if I accept it I get a bunch of corporate dudes on my phone list.

Also, I want my contact list to be able to be used on iOS/Android in the future. Which is the best way to save the then? This is my first ever smartphone so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
If you login to your outlook account and your gmail account on your computer you can clean up your list much quicker.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Say if I decide to use Outlook for now, is there any easy way to transfer my contacts in the future if I go on iOS or Android? I wanna make sure I do a good job from now itself, not a half-hearted thing.

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You're in the same boat as me. What I did was add all the people I care about to Outlook - I have a hotmail and Outlook account. Then filtered to show Outlook and Facebook contacts.

All the people I rarely talk to but want to keep their details, stay on the hotmail account. It is a shame you can't just hide individual contacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12