Message tone is too short.

Teguh Priyanto

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm Nokia Lumia 720 user. Have just updated my lumia with black update. The good news after I updated it was I could change message tone with custom song from my mp3 songs (of course after trimmed by Ringtone Maker Application). It had no problems when set as ringtone as the 40 seconds tone played really smooth. But it became problem when set as message tone, it would only play for 10 seconds although the trimmed time was 40 seconds. Is there any limitation for custom song set as message tone after black update? If there is any way to make the tone ring longer, please tell me....thank you (^_^)v

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why in the world would you want SMS tone longer then 10 seconds?

I once wanted a new email tone that was 18 seconds long on my Palm Pre.
(it took a patch to enable, so I think WP won't allow that unless we can mod it under the hood, access we don't have)

Guess what it was!

Teguh Priyanto

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Why in the world would you want SMS tone longer then 10 seconds?
Just in case when someone is sending a really important message to me but I miss to read the message in time as the tone is too short. How if that happened to you? when someone is waiting for your reply but you are not doing it immediately, it could be a nightmare, couldn't it? for example job application or appointment.

SFesovic

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Disable "Banner Notifications"

Ringtones+Sounds > Mannage App Sounds > Messaging > tick OFF "Show notification banners"
(This is from my Lumia520 menu)

Thing is - when banner shows and then deactivates - it deactivates the ringtone as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon