Save video from text message.

SDKevin

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes...MMS but I cannot find any obvious way to save a video to my phone that comes in via MMS. If it exists it's quite well hidden.

SDKevin

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
No kidding...using press and hold the options are...delete and forward. There is a copy option but in most cases it is grayed out.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't they be able to upload to skydrive ? (excuse me : OneDrive)

From there you could download it again into phone storage...just an option.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I found a workaround :

press and hold the mms, then press "forward", enter your email address, and press "send".

Now check your email. You will find the video in attachment.
You still can't save the video directly on the phone, but you can save it on your laptop or pc and then copy it to the phone.

This is currently the only effective workaround for saving videos from an MMS...

Grtz.

inertiaNokia

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I found a workaround :

press and hold the mms, then press "forward", enter your email address, and press "send".

Now check your email. You will find the video in attachment.
You still can't save the video directly on the phone, but you can save it on your laptop or pc and then copy it to the phone.

This is currently the only effective workaround for saving videos from an MMS...

Grtz.

Thanks. It worked for me. However, when I opened it from my email, the audio no longer works. Is this the case for others?

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. It worked for me. However, when I opened it from my email, the audio no longer works. Is this the case for others?

Hasn't happened to me yet. Can you tell me the video format (mp4/wav/...) and if possible which audio codec used for the container ?

But more important, did you try to access the mail on a pc and save it to your hard drive to see if the audio does work if opened on the pc instead of the phone ?

The purpose for doing that is to easily verify the issue either being an issue with the audio in general, or just unplayable on your WP device.
If the audio does work on the pc, then the issue is caused by WP device probably not being able to play the audio format used in the video container.

Here's all supported WP vid and audio formats :
Supported media codecs for Windows Phone

Anything other will not play on WP. If you have an mp4 video for instance that has ogg audio coded inside of the .mp4 container, then WP will play the video but won't play the audio. And that could be the scenario you are facing...possibly.

spammyu

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It's possible to have the codecs installed to decode the video stream within a file, and not have the codec to support the audio stream.
Install video lan player from website videolan dot org (it's a freeware app that does not install any crapware ) - it has very good codecs for hundreds of file formats, and is generally pretty up to date. It's a good alternate to whatever your main media player is. Divx also makes their own free player, and Media Player Classic is a 3rd good free option. Just make sure you get those from trusted sources if you don't use vlc, and for all of them, if you already have a main media player that you like, then de-select the file associations updates during the install of the program - otherwise, any time you try to open the media files, the new program will do it. (I happen to like vlc so use it as my default - but you might not want to do that). Once installed, you can always select the alternate app to open a file by right-clicking the file and chooseing 'open with...' - which is a good way to try vlc for a single file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes