Is this a silent update or what?

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I just installed Poki on my phone, then realized that as it went to my app screen when the app started downloading, all my apps were separated under alphabetical headings.

Previously, my apps were anyway sorted in alphabetical orders, but not there's "a" then Alarms and App Social under it etc.

Did I change some setting unknowingly or was this a silent update?

Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I forget the exact number but once you hit a certain number of apps (45?) the list turns like that.

It is more convenient.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
maaan, congrats you just installed a lot of apps enough to render this cool feature in WP8.

Clicking on the letters will give you a grid of letters to quick jump to apps.

Enjoy.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
maaan, congrats you just installed a lot of apps enough to render this cool feature in WP8.

Clicking on the letters will give you a grid of letters to quick jump to apps.

Enjoy.

Wow, neat! So it neither was a setting I changed nor a silent update :)

Touche!

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this a few months ago (possibly last year now).
It took me a while to notice that there was something different.
I thought it was because my app list had reached a certain size and it just kicks in to make things easier.
Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Edit: Looks like they have.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This has been a feature for ages. I think Windows Phone 7.5 introduced this, could have been 7.1 as well. As soon as your applist reaches 45 or 46 apps (not sure if it's >=45 or just >45) the letter jumplist will appear. Note that once triggered, it wont disappear unless you make a hard reset.

Additional note: The list will appear once you start *installing the 45 or 46th app. If you uninstall other apps wile this is happening, the list will not be permanentally triggered.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on having more than 44 apps on your phone. The forty-fifth app triggers the alphabetical list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes