HERE maps,HERE drive not working with black update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vol4til3

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello
since updating to Black my HERE maps&drive cant seem to start any more.when you tap on them they load and kick back to the home screen.

Anyone else having this problem with any solutions?

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello
since updating to Black my HERE maps&drive cant seem to start any more.when you tap on them they load and kick back to the home screen.

Anyone else having this problem with any solutions?

Uninstall and reinstall both applications...!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Theres not much time lost between a hard and soft reset so first up if you havent done so

Hard Reset (turn off your phone)

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Theres not much time lost between a hard and soft reset so first up if you havent done so

Hard Reset (turn off your phone)

Hard Reset is not turning off your phone. Hard reset is clearing all data and starting over with factory settings.

Soft Reset is a better place to start. Press and hold vol- and power at the same time until it resets.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Phone reset is restoring to factory

Hard reset is (cold boot ie turning off)

Cold reset is a waste of time imo

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm not trying to sidetrack the thread, but it is important to use the correct terminology when helping other users. What would you define as a soft reset?

The question in this link shows the difference between soft and hard resets. It's talking about Windows Mobile, but the terminology hasn't changed. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ft-reset/0bf51198-2d8c-4f4b-b918-cdfc2dfebbca

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Cold reset is a waste of time imo

You are the only one use these term. Hard reset in conventional terms mean wipe everything clean and back to factory defaults. What you refer to as hard reset is simply refer to as shutdown/power down.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
- delete temporarily files
- delete all offline Map-Data
- uninstall all here apps
- delete temporarily files
- wait till your phone is completly discharged (goes off automaticly)
- start it again and istall the here apps again
- try if they work.

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Try to erase maps in SD card and move those to the phone.
Sometimes SD cards gets error inside or any other problem when read data.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed, Here Maps doesn't work after Black update. Didn't yet try all the steps wiggum15 proposed though.
I've got no offline maps installed.
There are loads of apps and games beside Here Maps which refuse to launch after the update. Here's my original post with list

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Best solution is do a hard reset after anyone who has update to lumia black. my here maps r working fine. iam using lumia 1020

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my 720 and DID NOT do a hard reset. No issues with Maps or Drive, and no apps have refused to launch so far. So it's not a universal issue. Might be phone or app specific.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed since the update that Drive navigates fine but struggles with the voice instructions when I'm listening to music. It sounds like the voice file is corrupted but works fine if no music is being played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb