WiFi parental controls

Daniel Brott

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping to get my son a Lumia 520 to use as an mp3 player. I will not be activating the phone. My only concern is that he would still have access to WiFi and I don't want him to have access except when I can monitor him. Are there any parental controls for wifi either natively or through an app? Thanks in advance for your help.

Daniel Brott

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how old your son is but have you looked into this? Setting up Kid's Corner | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)

If it's just going to be used as a MP3 player then delete the WiFi connection once you're done setting up the phone. I think you still need to setup a MS account for the phone to work.
appreciate the response. My son is 8 years old. I'd like to not totally kill the WiFi but just want a password or something on it so he can't get to it on his own. It's not so much a problem at home as we have secure WiFi which needs a password but sometimes he goes out with friends or family to mcdonalds it someplace like that and could access WiFi there, so I'm looking for a way to restrict access on the phone itself without totally disabling it. Thanks!

Daniel Brott

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I think I figured out a way to do this. I could put all the music, apps, etc. On kids corner and only let him access that. This way he can't access the WiFi settings. Anyone see a reason why this would not work? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa