New phone; not all text messages got transferred.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just replaced a 521 with a 925, both T-Mobile. The switch went smooth except for one thing. My text messages after late December did not transfer. I can still see them all in the 521.

How can I get the rest of the text messages transferred? I want to repurpose the phone but can't until I either have those messages transferred to the new phone or at least get them into a PDF or something content searchable.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Sometimes it takes a day or two to get them all. Also, I have done a hard reset and logged in a couple times before all would come in.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it takes a day or two to get them all. Also, I have done a hard reset and logged in a couple times before all would come in.
I'm amazed. You are right.

I'm not amazed you are right, I'm amazed it actually took days to restore text messages that in total must be less data than on a single web page. What's with that? And it wasn't a gradual process. The new phone had April thru Dec within a minute of booting up. And it didn't gain a single extra text for two+ days. Then sometime in the last hour, all the rest showed up.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it does take a day. Its weird, but they will reappear. I don't know the reasons for it. I tried searching for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes