Deleted my duplicate pictures and now most of my pictures are gone!!

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Now I'm pissed. And blame Microsoft for this. WTH! I never had a problem with duplicate pictures in my L521 until tonight. I was on the phone with a friend of mine whome I was gonna send a picture too straight from the camera roll so I click on it and I'm bombarded with doubles everywhere. Even on my saved pictures and screenshots folder. So I start deleting the doubles and next thing you know. All the pictures that had duplicates are gone as well as the duplicates. This is completely unacceptable. And now half my pictures are gone with no way of getting them back. ?* And yet there is still no fix of this issue. Now what am I supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem?? Or found a solution for that matter? M$ better get there act right on this issue if they wanna get far ahead in the phone business.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Didn't you upload them to OneDrive? They would be there if you did. Or did you ever plug in your phone to your computer?

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Those duplicate pictures are counted as one file. So if you delete any of that picture, it is counted as deleting the picture. I had experienced that before in my L720 and I was so pissed. :/ the only solution I tried and worked is I used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it reinstalled the OS again. Now I'm not experiencing those duplicate pictures even if I'm using the Nokia Camera app. Hope this helps you!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd also suggest that you set your phone to automatically back up your pics to OneDrive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I really don't like my pictures to auto upload to one drive as its kinda annoying to be having a bunch album folders. There's literally a Mobile uploads to one drive folder and a saved pictures to one drive folder as opposed to just being all in one. But I'm left without a choice seeing as this is an reoccurring problem on windows phone.. ��
Didn't you upload them to OneDrive? They would be there if you did. Or did you ever plug in your phone to your computer?

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Those duplicate pictures are counted as one file. So if you delete any of that picture, it is counted as deleting the picture. I had experienced that before in my L720 and I was so pissed. :/ the only solution I tried and worked is I used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it reinstalled the OS again. Now I'm not experiencing those duplicate pictures even if I'm using the Nokia Camera app. Hope this helps you!

Is that an app? I'm gonna try it out. I never really had the duplicates problem till now I don't understand why it just started happening...anyway i feel like a piece of me died with those pictures lol damn memories gone.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Your right, it shouldn't have happened, but if you didn't upload to onedrive, and you didn't sync with your computer, what would happen if your phone died or you lost it? You still would have lost the photos. Backups are good practice.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I really don't like my pictures to auto upload to one drive as its kinda annoying to be having a bunch album folders. There's literally a Mobile uploads to one drive folder and a saved pictures to one drive folder as opposed to just being all in one. But I'm left without a choice seeing as this is an reoccurring problem on windows phone.. ��
You can always make new ones or rename folders on OneDrive. Plus, like someone said what if you lose or something catastrophic happens to your phone? Then those pics are gone forever! The beauty of OneDrive is that, plus you get to see your pics/videos on all your devices by either using the app or going to OneDrive.com.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I really don't like my pictures to auto upload to one drive as its kinda annoying to be having a bunch album folders.
Losing the pictures really sucks. Sorry to hear it.

But is using Sky(One)Drive or copying them to your PC more annoying than losing your pictures? Its not just a rare phone bug that puts your pictures at risk. You could lose your phone, it could be stolen, it could fall and bounce under a passing steam roller. The only way to avoid the annoyance of lost pictures (or any files) is to have them in multiple places or be luckier than anyone can count on.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Losing the pictures really sucks. Sorry to hear it.

But is using Sky(One)Drive or copying them to your PC more annoying than losing your pictures? Its not just a rare phone bug that puts your pictures at risk. You could lose your phone, it could be stolen, it could fall and bounce under a passing steam roller. The only way to avoid the annoyance of lost pictures (or any files) is to have them in multiple places or be luckier than anyone can count on.

Which is why I have added the auto upload to one drive option. I learned my lesson.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you storing photos on an SD card? WP is known not to play well with SD cards, especially if they're of a lower class.

I faced the same issue once. I changed my SD card to a class 10 and reset my phone. I haven't had the problem since.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Deleting duplicates deletes the original too. BUT AFTER A LITTLE TIME. That's why you may be under the illusion that the original images haven't been deleted, but they are. You maybe able to view them, that's because wp caches them. You'll lose those images the moment your library refreshes.
I'll tell you what to do, download pocket file manager, or instead connect to your laptop, and set it to show hidden files. There would be a folder in sd card: wpsystem. In it there would be a file: wpsettings. Delete it and then restart your phone. Troubles gone :)

Umm and take my advice, DONT auto upload to onedrive !!!! It'll fill up your others storage like crazy and there would be no way to fix it !!! Instead
A) sync them to your pc from time to time
B) use cloudsix for dropbox, it also has a nice sync feauture, and it wont fill your others storage.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The problem is SD card. I bought a bigger one, class 10, and the problem started. Then I put in mybold one, also class 10, and no problem. Wo even you buy quality SD cards, the WP system seems to hate some cards

L620 - Tapatalk

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you storing photos on an SD card? WP is known not to play well with SD cards, especially if they're of a lower class.

I faced the same issue once. I changed my SD card to a class 10 and reset my phone. I haven't had the problem since.

I have a san disk micro sd card 32gb class 10 I believe does that play well with the Lumia521? So far it hasnt done me wrong.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Deleting duplicates deletes the original too. BUT AFTER A LITTLE TIME. That's why you may be under the illusion that the original images haven't been deleted, but they are. You maybe able to view them, that's because wp caches them. You'll lose those images the moment your library refreshes.
I'll tell you what to do, download pocket file manager, or instead connect to your laptop, and set it to show hidden files. There would be a folder in sd card: wpsystem. In it there would be a file: wpsettings. Delete it and then restart your phone. Troubles gone :)

Umm and take my advice, DONT auto upload to onedrive !!!! It'll fill up your others storage like crazy and there would be no way to fix it !!! Instead
A) sync them to your pc from time to time
B) use cloudsix for dropbox, it also has a nice sync feauture, and it wont fill your others storage.

I keep hearing of this storage problem. What storage problem? Im still confused. Like do they take up your memory on your phone if you upload them to onedrive? Also what does deleting the wpsettings do? Does it fix the duplicates problem? Thanks so much WP users.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I keep hearing of this storage problem. What storage problem? Im still confused. Like do they take up your memory on your phone if you upload them to onedrive? Also what does deleting the wpsettings do? Does it fix the duplicates problem? Thanks so much WP users.

I haven't faced this issue myself, but from what I've read in the forums, the other storage increases when you enable OneDrive backup. This problem is supposed to have been fixed with the Update 3/Lumia Black, but since I haven't faced this issue, I don't know if that's true or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750