Which WP8 Phones work with Metro PCS?

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Verizon man, so I have no idea. I know T-Mobile owns Metro (I think), but its so confusing.

My little bro in law has an LG Motion, and I'm looking to get him something comparable or better, USED. But I want to bring him to the dark side of WP8.

Which phones work for Metro (4g LTE) and will be eventually upgradeable to 8.1?

Switching companies is not an option. He's a kid, and I don't pay his phone bill.

Thanks guys.

Gawain

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 521 and Lumia 925 for T-Mobile should work with no issues. MetroPCS is selling the T-Mo network now, no more lines are being activated on the old CDMA network so those two devices are your best shot.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
MetroPCS runs on the T-mobile network. It's a MVNO. The 521 doesn't get 4GLTE speeds. The 925 does. Both should be upgradeable to 8.1

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It won't need to be unlocked, since MetroPCS is now a T-Mobile MVNO. If you get a T-Mobile branded device, it will work fine.
FWIW, I asked in the carrier forum if I had to wait until I could unlock my T-Mobile phone before switching and the only answers I got were that it would not work until I unlocked it. I am a little disappointed to find out there is something untrue on the internet.

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just an update, if anyone was wondering. Bought a brand new 925 on eBay. T-Mobile "locked" version. Works flawlessly with Metro. Just needed a sim and called and activated. No issues whatsoever.

Thanks for everyone's help.

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Helpful. I went to metro today and sales guy told me that tmobile phones have to be unlocked before they work with metro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb