Gmail Deleted Items Shown On Server But Not Phone

toddster900

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

I know this has been quite well covered but I seem to be experiencing a different problem. When I delete an email from my phone it goes to the "Deleted Items" folder which is the standard issue people experience. However, when I sync the "Deleted Items" folder on my phone nothing is copied from the server. The sync settings are set to download from any time and there are plenty of emails in the server folder.

Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks!

Adam

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this is what you want but wth :p

open gmail app, hit the ... button, select folders, select show all folders, select trash and then sync :)

Tell me if it worked :p

toddster900

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but not quite what I am after. My problem is that the folder created by the gmail app, "Deleted Items", shows no emails when synced even though there are several emails on the server in this folder. Seems to be the opposite issue to the one everyone else explains.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes even I face the same problem. All the mails in the Delete folder on the server cannot be synced with the phone. Only the main folders can be synced. If you try the same with yahoo mail you will face the same problem. Its a bug in WP8. Lets hope it gets fixed in WP8.1

DrSARANG MALI

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi , I have accidently deleted " DELETE" folder from Gmail account on laptop. But now after soft reset n hard reset it's not showing in Gmail's App on windows phone as well as on my laptop. Those deleted mails can't be seen in trash folder as well. So in case if I want to recover those deleted mails, I couldn't. So how n where to find those deleted mails or how to recover DELETE folder in gmail app.
Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa