Why did you decide to buy a windows phone?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For me, it was something new and different and the OS looked fresh and cool. I read up on WP and just basically became obsessed, lol. I was so interested in it that I convinced my best friend to get a Nokia Lumia 710 and then I toyed with getting one myself or getting an HTC Radar, but I ended up deciding to stick it out with my iPhone 4 and then get a newer device once WP8 was out - which I did, and I ended up with the Lumia 810 as my first Windows Phone. I also ended up getting a 920 and more recently, a 925.

Dua Hafeez

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Had a Nokia (Symbian) and it was the best phone I ever had. Got an Android and it became a complete piece of garbage a few months later. After that wanted an iPhone but can't afford it hence jumped ship to WP. Absolutely love it and have no regrets about it :grin:

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
i've had nokia phones for the last 10 years. my last phone (E72) had some problems with mail synchronisation after 2,5 years of usage (nokia did something on servers, so it no longer worked). Than i used one 3rd party software for that, and it used too much juice.
i went to a nearby mobile store in Slovenia, where i live, just to check what phones they had. apparently i came in the store 3 days after 920s were shipped to Slovenia (in feb '13 - yes, late, i know :D). and when i asked the rep. if they are any good, he told me that they have the last one in this region, and that it's the best phone. he also told me that he signed a 2 year contract for an android phone just a week ago, and regrets it sooooo badly because of the new lumia.

so i went to the ATM took 500? off the account and bought it :) and it's awesome! i will get the 940 when it arrives (2yr contract :/)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I loved the design, love Nokia, and loved the "limited" functionality. I hate how the other platforms bombard you with notifications, and I love how with group tiles, I can look at the updates for who I want to see

Sent from my all seeing 1020

Irrationalad

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I chose my Windows Phone because it was "High-end", beautiful, and unique. Since then, about 7 people in my school have purchased Windows Phones. (1 1020, 3 520s, 2 HTC 8x, and 1 925)

So far I love it, except it overheats alot, and it deleted my contacts one night (From both my Phone and Outlook).

Hasan Moursi

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
just beacuse of nokia . i had 7610 ..n70 ,,n95 ..nokia 700 ..and finally lumia 920 which isnot the same quality nokia had offered in their symbian era ..im honest windowsphones are not good like other androids and ios espicially at playing games it drains battery like majic but i dont care i love it because of nokia nothing more

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I was tired of;

process com.google.process.gapps has stopped
the application launcher ( process com.android.launcher ) has stopped unexpectedly
Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped

and the
Freezes and reboots
Bad batterylife
And the lack of updates from manufacturers.
Google Droid has sometimes great updates, but its always a surprise if you get it for your phone ( mostly not ).

And because of my curiousity.

Before i jumped, i read a lot about WP, and then the L520 came out.............
So it was a nice tryout.

I have found all the applications i need, some are better some are not
I even let a developer rebuild a private app.
So no reasons to bail out again.

But it gets worse, after the 520 i have bought a 1320.
And after watching the build 2014 i'm completely beyond help.
Now a friend of mine and his better half are starting on there first steps on WP

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I was keeping abreast of the latest phones. When I was considering a new phone at the end of 2012, I was waiting to see what was coming out. The Lumia 920 got some good press and it intrigued me. Around that time, the Nexus 4, LG Optimus G, and Galaxy Note 2 were my considerations. I ultimately went with an S3 because it was in my budget. Android is my preferred OS. Then, I had hardware issues with the S3, and the 520 came out on AT&T. I decided to sell the S3 and go with a 520 as it was inexpensive and had good reviews. The 521 had come out a couple months before, and it had positive reviews. The 520 was my primary phone until I got a Nexus 5. Then, after enjoying the 520 as a media player, I decided to upgrade to an 820.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I had moved back into town and needed a phone. What I had was OK for making calls but nothing else. It was an old "Clam Phone", with a screen no larger than my thumb. It's pretty bad when your mom picks up your phone and tries to tap the screen but to tell her, "Umm, it's not a touch screen". I finally got frustrated with that phone, so I went to Best Buy to get something that was a lot smarter. At the time I didn't even know Microsoft made a Windows Phone, so when I got there and found out the one phone that was on sale (they were trying to get rid of the phone) was a Windows Phone 8, I jumped on it so fast. The sales rep was surprised that I picked that phone over the others on the shelf. It was the 521, which was only $100. I used the 521 for about a year and a half and loved it. I got so used to the WP8 setup that I had to go further. I picked up the Nokia Lumia Icon a month ago and just haven't looked back since.

I love to be different, so I kept going with the Windows Phone and probably will continue to do so. To put it another way, when my friends all jumped to get the Xbox or the Xbox 360, I grabbed the Wii.

The 521 has only been out since 5/2013.

dhyandhyan

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
First it all started with the windows phone 7 video...when Microsoft showed the tile interface, i just got blown away by it.....took L710 for experiencing it. At that time windows phone was really behind and nokia didn't have cameras as good as now. As there were not many things to do with it i switched to android. The other phones had good amoled screen, lots of apps. This was the reason that made me switch. After windows phone 8 launch i knew that this will develope further and reach on par with ios and android. The main reason that made me switch back to windows was the camera features that nokia introduced. The only thing that i feared was about the updates. I wondered it the new updates will be limited to new phones only. But its not like that. Microsoft is also giving updates with some partiality by leaving windows phone 7 users without anything. I couldn't resist the Lumia 925, its awesome camera, body design..etc The Lumias now are much better than ios. Ios people are not willing to change as most of them are people who take it because of its brand value. People who does not want much functionality. I feel that they are brainless as many of them cant even understand how to use a windows phone even after telling them a 100 times. Wp is so personal and its so different from ios and android. The only thing i hate is exclusivity. If wp was only available for android only they could have sold more. But now wp is given to some cheap phone makers also. That's where apple stands out. Its exclusive. Other than that reason i just love windows phone and i hope that ios and android can never beat wp. I love WP.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Windows Phone because...

- Nokia fan
- Bright colors
- Unique, smooth interface

So far, i'm not regretting my decision in buying a WP device :)

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Stability
Performance
Ecosystem integration
Love tiles system
I like MS privacy rules
Good quality phones on Nokia
And so on...

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Back when it first came out I decided to buy a Samsung Focus when I switched carriers because I liked the concept behind it, the whole unified system thing between Windows/Phone/Xbox. I could see where it was going and wanted to try something different. I stuck with it for a couple of years and then got a little frustrated with what it was continually lacking as well as the pace of development, so I decided to go with something else for that upgrade cycle and revisit the platform when it had matured a little more. Fast forward two years and about a month prior to upgrade time I started looking more seriously at it again (I had always kept a casual eye on it during those two years). Went out shopping for the new handset, took a look at what was new in WP8 as well as app availability and liked what I saw, so I picked up a Lumia 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit