messaging backup only restored through 1 month ago after reset

tallrider

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I recently performed a hard reset (back to factory settings) on my Nokia 520. After the reset, I logged in with Microsoft account. Backup to Skydrive/Onedrive was been enabled for the entire time I owned the phone, for app list/settings, text messages, and photos. Obviously, the WP8 backup/restore functionality leaves a lot to be desired. But I expected the restore to work for settings and text messages.

Unfortunately, text messages only were restored through March 17th (over 1 month ago).

Does WP8 and OneDrive have a finite amount of online space to store text messages? (My OneDrive account has multiple gb unused, so this should not be a problem unless there is a hard cap on text-message backup space).

If the more-recent text messages are still "out there" somewhere in the cloud, is there any way I might restore the rest of the messages back to my phone?

Thanks for any help you can offer. For the record, I have a Nokia 520 (AT&T version) that I am using on Straight Talk. I performed a hard reset because my phone had stopped receiving text messages (though it could still send them). However, the inability to receive text messages should not affect the backup/restore of texts which had already been on the phone.

tallrider

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Never mind. All messages are restored this morning.

But initially messages only restored through 3/17, and there was no change for the rest of the day (yesterday) when I completed the restore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte