Why do I have TWO map apps on my lumia ???

Mohammad Reza2

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Forgive my question, I'm new to Lumia phones.

I have an app which is named "Maps" and I have an app which is named "HERE Drive"

what are the difference between these two? is it just that one is meant for driving?

Also I have a LOT of favorites locations saved in the HERE version but how can I make them show in the "Maps" app?

Thank you.

Mohammad Reza2

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So BOTH are offline right? I can download the map of my country on both apps right?

Also is there a way for my favorites in HERE to show up on the Microsoft Maps?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Sadly I can not test bing maps , they aren't available in my country :/
You can download offline maps for here maps.
Bro the default "maps" app is bing maps. So you don't need to worry. You already have maps installed (if you are using dev preview) . The thing is as soon as the nokia firmware update will be released the default maps app will get hidden and here maps will be displayed . But there is a trick check it out Check out "Maps" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=763581b5-5c70-4009-99ce-39d49991039d

Mohammad Reza2

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again, so how come even when I'm offline, my bing map of my country is complete? so it also download the full country?or it's using the data from HERE maps?
can I sync or bring over my favorite bookmarks from HERE maps?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The default maps is actually related with here maps. Any changes such as downloading offline maps , in here maps are going to get reflected in the default maps app. So you don't need to worry. As soon nokia release firmware upgrade the default maps app will vanish from your apps list 😊

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HERE Drive is the turn-by-turn GPS navigation app.

HERE Maps is Nokia's mapping app.

Maps is Bing Maps, bundled with Windows Phone itself.

HERE services link together.

You can download maps from the maps section of settings. But none are downloaded by default.
Downloaded maps are generally used universally throughout the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo