question about WP 8 or WP8.1?

Friendly79

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
my boss tried a Windows Phone, but because it didn't have an important feature, so he went back to his BB. his email/text can have different tones/sounds, depending on who the sender is, on his BB. he manages several servers and databases and it's critical that he hear the tone/sound set for these, in case any issues occur. The sound/tone indicates how important the incoming email/text is. Is this something that is available natively or are there any app's where someone has programmed that feature to be available?

I'm looking to get a Win Phone too, and I would want to have this function as well.

thanks! :)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: question about WP8.1?

You can set up different ring tones for each contact, I am not sure about text tones

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

You can set custom ringtone and text tone for each and every contact in Windows Phone now. I have one for family, one for close friends, one for friend and one for rest. ;)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

You can set custom ringtone and text for each and every contact in Windows Phone now. I have one for family, one for close friends, one for friend and one for rest. ;)

Is this for Windows Phone 8 or 8.1?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Is this for Windows Phone 8 or 8.1?

You can set individual tones for contacts in both WP8 and 8.1 you just need to do it through the people hub.

Also, hey Friendly79 and welcome to WPCentral!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

As it was said, you can set the tones for Texts or Calls individually .You just do it through the People Tile/Hub.

There have been a couple people asking about specific email tones... IMO, using email and expecting instant notification....you are (rather, the sender is) doing it wrong! haha.
INSTANT reply => Call
Instant Notification / Couple Minutes reply => Text
Need something that day, whenever you get to it => email

Barry-Johnson

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Hello, thanks for the info. The reason for needing email notifications is I am responsible for several servers, if one of them goes down I get an email alert that needs to wake me up, then if the server recovers I get another email to let me know everything is ok. I'm still on my Blackberry for this reason, the alerts and filters / folders is good. I can quickly see messages regarding server failures time and dates. However, there are many features on the Windows Phone that I would like to use.

Barry

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Definitely there are many refreshing change from the monotony of the iOS and android. There are features such as quiet hours, start screen background and more that you will love

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Text tone was added in last update (WP8 GDR3). You can change ringtone for different email accounts too. And of course ringtone for every contact. These are all native in OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss