Onedrive Backup

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey WPCentral,

I have a question about backup-ing device's settings to Onedrive. In my phone (WP8 GDR3+Amber), I have enabled the app list+settings. However, in Onedrive, accessed from my PC, https://onedrive.live.com/Options/DeviceBackups, it is written that "You don?t have any devices that are backing up settings to OneDrive." So are my settings securely backup-ed to Onedrive?

Off-topic: Have anyone realised that WiFi sometimes stay alive when the screen is locked? The only way to disable WiFi in background is to use "Stop Music" or to play a random music and pause.... Note that I had Keep WiFi in background disabled.

Thanks.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, but that doesn't quite answer my concern.

1) The link you provided gives a good overview on backup and restore on WP, but it doesn't (or I might have overlooked) why in Onedrive, it says that I have no device currently back uped to it.

2) This is most likely a bug. Your point of saying the constant network may be partially true, but as i am quite a passive phone user, i will go by the sentence extracted from the link you provided "Your phone can then use a WiFi connection even when the screen is off. This uses battery power, though, so your battery life can be shorter compared to when WiFi turns off when the screen times out. " And as I will not be touching my phone much, I will like my WiFi to turn off in the background, however, it is frustrating when I figured my WiFi did not turn off when I sleep, draining away precious battery juice. I have already disabled the *keep WiFi in the background* setting

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... I wonder if anyone else is facing this same problem... I'm worried if I reset my phone, and I have to lose everything xP

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It's there for a WP8.1 feature. Once you get the 8.1 update, any device backups (app settings, game saves, other data) that can be saved (as unfortunately, it's still not a 100% backup) will be stored on your OneDrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3