What is your perfect device?

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
modular hardware , ARA project from Google , so we can finally upgrade our devices up to our taste
so if you don't want camera just slide it off and replace it with something more useful for you , or once new CPU is released you can upgrade it and keep the rest of your device as it is , in general to adopt the PC Desktop way of possibility of upgrade ....

ARA is an idiotic, gimmicky project.

If you think you will in any way save money or have a device that will last longer then the chipset you originally bought it with your in for a rude reality.

karthik55

May 7, 2014
Visit site
My favourite device will be, if they upgrade specifications for 720 is good atleast 1 gb ram 12 pixel camera and light weight 1080p with a 5 inch screen size

BlackGoku

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
This phone should not only be the great phone for me bure also for MS in selling point of view-An upgraded version of Lumia 520-Quad core processor 1 GB ram 16gb internal plus SD support 5 MP flash plus front cam gorilla glass 3 and a price around moto g! What do ya say about that?

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
lumia 920 design
4.5" Inch AMOLED or IPS Screen fullhd
Corning Gorilla Glass 3
PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack display
Dolby Digital Plus sound enhancement
Internal memory 128GB
3 GB RAM
41 MP, 4992 х 3744 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus . xenon flash (L1020 camera or better with 60-120FPS Video capture
Snapdragon 810
Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery ( i don't mind the weight)
Stereo FM radio with RDS
; FM transmitter
Wireless Charging
Stereo loudspeakers
Listening chip for Cortana
more microphones

Laurynas Buzas

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Everyone more or less are crazy about spec. I dont know if you will remember but in the past nokia 3310 was a fab phone. Battery could last you for up to 7 seven days on the single charge. now it come up with all this big screens, internet video and so on. However i would say my perfect phone would be nokia 920 or 925 size. it is good to manage for one hand. about the spec it would be enough to have same as 930 but one think that i would change is battery a bit bigger battery where it would last up to 5 - 6 on the single charge!

Last edited:

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hardware:
2gb RAM
Quadcore Snapdragon 805
32GB or 64GB, 128GB MicroSD support
Dedicated camera button
2500mAH battery

Camera:
20MP Zeiss Optics PureView
Xenon and dual led flash

Screen:
4.5" - 5" Clear Black AMOLED 1080p
Super Sensitive Touch
Onscreen navigation keys
Gorilla glass 3
Sculpted Glass

Design:
slimmed down, flatter version of Lumia 920
Aluminum Unibody
Small top and bottom bezels
Available with black or white bezel
Available in red, midnight blue, white, black, champagne, silver. All brushed aluminum finish.

Call it the Lumia 1000 :wink:

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RELEASE IT WORLDWIDE ALL AT ONCE ON MULTIPLE CARRIERS AND ADVERTISE IT!! :angry:

Jeremy McKay

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
A Nokia/MS clone of the HTC Touch Pro 2, revamped for Windows Phone 8.1
I had one and loved it to its death a few years ago. Then I got another one!

It was horribly underpowered though, and part of the dying platform of Windows Mobile.

I would love to see a modern specced Touch Pro form factor.
It was a great size, and for me it was fantastic with a stylus for making quick notes.
I miss the stylus on Windows Phone, one note would be fantastic with it!
I much prefer physical buttons.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just take the HTC 8X and make it quad core with 32GB of storage, wireless charging and tweak the camera...then take the 925, and put the 930's internal specs in it, including the 20MP camera.

Guess I'm biased because I own both of these and like the designs...just wanted updates internals...

Ahmad Barakji

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Fantasy device:
- 1520's body
- The most advanced everything in terms of specs at time of production (camera, processor, battery, screen, etc)
Yes I'm greedy.

A more down to earth device:
- 1520's body
- The current camera is great, but more pixels r always welcome: maybe the 41mp
- The battery could be bumped up to 4000mAH: I don't mind the device being a bit heavier
- Don't change the screen
- Next iteration Snapdragon: 810 I think
- A pen/stylus would be nice: I got one for my 1520 that's a stylus and has a pen on the other end :O :D
- Front facing stereo speakers: please do this, I love gaming on my device and I don't always wear headphones. The current design for the speaker is alright for watching videos, but when gaming, your palm covers the speaker :(

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
OK, time to play Dr Frankenstein, because to get to MY "perfect" phone......

1. Start with the 1520 I have now
  2. Add in the 1020's camera with no shutter lag
  3. Mix with a pinch of QI wireless charging
  4. Mix all those ingredients and BOOM!
My Perfect Phone!

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably a "Surface Phone":

5.7"-6" Screen
Very little bezel.
Built in kick stand
Design of the Surface devices: Vapor-Mag body, angled edges etc.
No camera hump.

I have described my perfect device in terms of aesthetics as internal tech will always get better.

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
A slightly smaller 1520 that is somewhere between 5 & 6 inches. The Galaxy Note is about perfect for sizing and a 1520 around that size would be amazing.

It has to have polycarbonate unibody with some great colors. I'm still a fan of the cyan, yellow, red, and love the new green. I'm not a fan of the 930's design. It's like a phone version of the mullet. (business in the front; party in the back)

Since this is the perfect phone, I'll take Nokia's next gen 41MP camera (match existing image quality but make it thinner).

Also, must be submersible in water for brief periods. I want to take pictures of my kids at the beach. Don't want to have to worry about water. All phones should have this.

Digitizer for great stylus support. This would be great for a million reasons.

Kez0

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
A lumia 720 with 1 GB RAM, 3000 Mah, An IPS screen, 4.5", 8.7 MP camera, 720p resolution. Micro SD and Flac support.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The perfect (WP) phone for me:

Legendary Lumia 920 design (maybe 1mm thinner, I don't need wireless charging)
Slimmer bezels and slightly smaller frame
4.7 inch SLCD3 1280x768 display
Yellow Matte finish
2GB RAM
Snapdragon 805 1.8GHz (2+ ghz is overkill imo), clock to 2.4GHz only when taking pictures
32GB
2800mAh battery
Fast charging (like Oppo Find 7)
Micro SD card slot
Lumia 930 mics
Lumia 1020 camera
Motorola Water Repellant nano-coating
Centered screen

Mashood Mast

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi...

I love lumia devices ...and these are the features that i like the most...

1.Corning Gorilla Glass 2
2.ClearBlack display
3.microSD, up to 64 GB Internal 16 GB /32 GB,
4....2 GB RAM
5.Wi-Fi, Hotspot,Wifi Direct
6.Usb on the Go .
7.Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and
COMPASS is must
8.MP4/DivX/XviD/H.264/H.263/WMV Mkv avi player/
9.and a better batter...2000 mah or above...

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
20MP+ Rear Camera with OIS
5MP Front Camera
VaporMg Body
Qi Wireless Charging
Water Proof
4.5 Inch Full HD Screen
32GB Internal storage With SD Card Slot up to 128GB
IR Blaster
Snapdragon 64Bits
4GB RAM
Good Batery Life
Very Lite weight

-----------
Capable to Run Android Apps Emulated.... It will make lot of people try WP

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My perfect device is the already available, non US version of the 1520. Sadly I can't afford one right now, but am going to sell my 920 so I can justify getting one.

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
modular hardware , ARA project from Google , so we can finally upgrade our devices up to our taste
so if you don't want camera just slide it off and replace it with something more useful for you , or once new CPU is released you can upgrade it and keep the rest of your device as it is , in general to adopt the PC Desktop way of possibility of upgrade ....
I think Ara will work much better with Android than with Windows Phone. Android is much more customizable, so customizable hardware and software go together really well.