Contacts Info Not Showing During Calls?

KTH B1

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
This just started happening in the past week or so and its bugging me to no end.

Lumia 920 w/ WP8

So, when I get a call from one of my stored contacts, the dialer is NOT showing the contact info & picture, only the phone number calling.

If I go to call history, same deal. Instead of showing the person's name from the contact info, its just showing the phone number.

Even more mysterious: If I dial out... so I go to my contacts, let's say I pick 'Mom' and call her. When I go back to check my call history, it doesn't list 'Mom', it lists the phone number again. I haven't changed any options... is there a recent Nokia update that may have broke this function?

And to add to the mystery... sometimes, after a day or 2, when I go back to check my call history, some (but not all) of the numbers go back to showing the contacts' name rather than phone #.

This happen to anyone else? Known issue?

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I would first try a soft reset. If that doesn't work, I noticed when I upgraded to 8.1 I had to allow facebook to sync via a toggle switch when you first sign into the app. After that everything returned to normal for me. Also, on 8.1 it gives you options on what accounts you want to include in your contacts. I think Facebook may be turned off by default. Check under settings in your people hub and make sure it includes facebook or whatever account you have all the contact pictures associated with.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

KTH B1

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on WP8, not 8.1... only thing I can think of is downloading and installing Lync screwed up my Outlook contacts somehow. Lync pulled in my Live profile and saved it as a new account when I already had the same profile logged in and listed as 'hotmail'. If its not that, then there are recent Settings updates from Nokia that seem to coincide with my issue.

Thanks for the advice though... I'll try the soft reset first. I guess it means that I'm having an issue on my own and its not something a lot of people are experiencing, which means I've got to troubleshoot this myself. bleh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon