WindowsPhone.co.uk wrong phone shown

Welshwonder08

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have recently upgraded my phone from a Nokia 720 to a Nokia 1020. They are both Windowsphone 8 phones. When I log into WindowsPhone.co.uk it still shows my old phone (Nokia 720) with the correct phone number which hasn't changed. I can't use any of the find phone functions and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to change the phone???

Please help.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Normally it works automatically. And it isn't windowsphone.co.uk , it's windowsphone.com/en-gb . Try turning on find my phone on the device itself...

Welshwonder08

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I've tried various things including what you have suggested. Why can't there just be a button called "Add new Phone"!? Does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

Welshwonder08

May 10, 2014
Visit site
nope, I have my phone before my last one shown in "other phones", I deleted my old phone out of the list when I was trying to get my new phone recognised. I did notice that after all the settings sync'd with my new phone, the phone had the same name as my old one. I changed this using the WindowsPhone Desktop app.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
nope, I have my phone before my last one shown in "other phones", I deleted my old phone out of the list when I was trying to get my new phone recognised. I did notice that after all the settings sync'd with my new phone, the phone had the same name as my old one. I changed this using the WindowsPhone Desktop app.
If all the settings had synced and changed the name of your phone, then its quite possible that the website had it right all along. Perhaps, it just displayed your old one as your new one

Welshwonder08

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Maybe, I've been doing some digging and there are quite a few people (in the world at least) that have had similar issues and the main suggestion seems to be to do a "Hard Reset" on the phone. I'm not keen on doing that as I have only recently got everything as I like it, but I don't think that I have much choice. I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss