Can't Stream HTML5 from Website

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried it on my 1520, no workie. I have a similar problem with stuff on ESPN3 and NBC's Premier League live coverage. I always end up using my laptop or just going to the pub.

I've also noticed some airlines offer a service where you can stream movies to your own device over the plane's wifi, for a fee of course. Needless to say, it doesn't work on WP either.

Brad M

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks jsooney. I have the same thing for ESPN3. I came from an iphone and have enjoyed my phone, but things like this just irritate me. Does anyone know if this is fixed in 8.1?

Brad M

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm running wp8.1 and I can view the video on the page in the o.p.

Is that what you are wanting to do?

Under the live now, north east. That won't play for me. It says your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available.

accasey

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep that is the same for me. Interestingly the first one works with YouTube being shown embedded..

I tapped the YouTube link and there it says 'live event playback is not supported on this client'..

Do they load in any of the 3rd party YouTube apps?

Brad M

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yep that is the same for me. Interestingly the first one works with YouTube being shown embedded..

I tapped the YouTube link and there it says 'live event playback is not supported on this client'..

Do they load in any of the 3rd party YouTube apps?

Neither work for me, embedded or YouTube link. How is it Droid and iPhone work? What do they have that is so different? I thought IE was suppose to support HTML5....

accasey

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the YouTube user can block based on decide, region etc. Most websites seem to work well for me, eg movie trailers

Brad M

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Is webm the main reason? I don't think the safari has that capability built in. It states its HTML5, and I would think IE should support this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb