can't sign on into office 365 on office hub on my mobile

Tobi Anthony

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys , my name's Tony . I just bought a Lumia 630 , I'm new , yes a virgin to WP8. I also bought a lap top running W 8.1 . Thereafter I bought office 365 home premium subscription.

So far coming of android with a healthy amount of trepidation about WP8. I'm definitely impressed .

However when I try to sign on to office 365 in the office hub on my mobile. The following message appears " something's wrong we have encountered a problem and couldn't complete this task "

I'm a lawyer and the ability to edit documents on the go is very important to me. Since I can't log into my office 365 account on my lumia 630 it sucks on a crazy level . I have to go back to my Droid to get stuff done via sky drive. This was my fear about Wp8 . Creating and editing documents and sending same via email.

I can access my o365 account online but I can't through the office hub . I have gone through several forums looking for help . Seems I ain't the only one with this issue.

I would appreciate the help . If not have to go back to my Droid. Please help me. Thanks .

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, still, after a Microsoft intervention. There is an imperfect work-around if you use OneDrive, as I do, for your cloud solution, as I can create, open and edit documents that way on my Lumia 1520. The Microsoft tech guy had me try a few things, including deleting and reinstalling email accounts, and trying to add the Office as a MS Exchange account. But I have my Office 365 account keyed to my outlook.com address, and that is the address I entered when setting up my phone. So when I tried a few of the workarounds, it kept stopping me and telling me that the outlook.com address is already in use. I am contemplating switching my Office 365 email address to my MS Exchange work email address, just to see if that works.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a slightly different set up that works for me. I have an Office 365 business subscription and have my personal e-mail address hosted by Microsoft on an Exchange server. I use my own domain name. However, I use this same e-mail address for my regular Microsoft login. Both work fine with both WP 8 and WP 8.1. I'm able to link my phone to my Microsoft account and I'm able to use the Exchange e-mail and link Office 365 to the Office hub and use OneDrive for Business that way.
Now when you use a home subscription, my understanding is that the accounts aren't separated. When you add your Microsoft account to your phone, it should automatically allow you to access OneDrive (personal) in the Office hub. Is this not the case? What are you trying to accomplish by adding your Office 365 subscription? I'm not sure there would be an added benefit without a business subscription.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Go online to your Office365 documents. Better yet, do it on your phone. Copy the address. Go to Office hub. Tap new at bottom, put in the copied address.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Also, you have a personal OneDrive account with 7gb's of storage with your Microsoft account. It should automatically show up as OneDrive in Office hub

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Also, you have a personal OneDrive account with 7gb's of storage with your Microsoft account. It should automatically show up as OneDrive in Office hub

Since he has a home premium subscription to Office 365, there is an additional 20 GB of storage for a total of 27 GB. Maybe I'm missing something. If he was previously using the free version of Office online, maybe the documents are stored somewhere else other than OneDrive? I've never used it before. Regardless, I don't think it's possible to add a home subscription to the Office 365 hub and adding a business one really just gives you access to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint so there shouldn't be any added benefit anyway.

Tobi Anthony

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Since he has a home premium subscription to Office 365, there is an additional 20 GB of storage for a total of 27 GB. Maybe I'm missing something. If he was previously using the free version of Office online, maybe the documents are stored somewhere else other than OneDrive? I've never used it before. Regardless, I don't think it's possible to add a home subscription to the Office 365 hub and adding a business one really just gives you access to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint so there shouldn't be any added benefit anyway.

Tobi Anthony

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
This so embarrassing, I just figured out how to edit documents from sky drive. You guys I'm so sorry # face palm.

Turns out I don't need to sign into 0365 to edit documents. Will save documents to sky drive.

Thank you all I really appreciate your efforts and The time you took out to help me.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Make sure you put the OneDrive app on your computer. If you have Windows 7 or 8, when you open My Computer, you will see favorites on the left. You should see OneDrive. These are synced docs/folders/etc from OneDrive, meaning you use the documents just like they are on your computer (they really are) and any changes will sync to OneDrive. Just an awesome way to utilize OneDrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb