Visit site
What pains you most in Windows Phone? :sweaty:

[ Moderator edit - removed excessive punctuation and capital letters ]

A) The lack of basic functions
B) The lack of advanced functions
B) Bad service all-round
C) The lack of apps i need to work
D) Updates never tell you what's being updated
E) Updates come frequently but always have marginal changes that don't improve core issues but just whatever surrounds it (Cortana VS missing keyboard inputs being a good example. You go for the Ferrari to show off but have no shoes to walk)

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Bad email experience. You cannot attach docs while replying
2. Bad FB app.
3. Apps with less features compared to iOS or android
4. Apps that are never updated.
5. Awful new Photo hub. Should I call it hub now.

and most imp: MS not giving any importance to regions other then US.
I understand features like Cortana can take time. But there are few small features that are for US region but not for all. say Local scout. Its been there for so long for US but not for India...
same for Xbox Music. While playing music all we get is plain background. It sucks

dezzilakk

May 3, 2014
Visit site
What exactly about the email app is it you don't like?

Can't mark as spam, can't forward(REALLY?), can't attach files, the actual usage is clunky. If you ever used BB10, you would instantly see the difference. I REALLY regret switching to WP8, except for my actual phone, the 1020, it's a great device, but the OS is really slow, it's embarassing to use, sometimes. Cyan didn't bring much to the table. Blackberry did much more with less time on their hands, and that's something to say.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
...can't forward(REALLY?)
wp_ss_20140827_0001.png

can't attach files
wp_ss_20140827_0002.png

1020, it's a great device, but the OS is really slow
Wut? Even on the 520, Windows Phone isn't slow... that's the main thing that near every reviewer ever has confirmed.

Cyan didn't bring much to the table.
Not sure if serious or baiting. Cyan was the biggest gamechanger for WP and brought LOADS to the table.

...I haven't read all of the replies... but I wonder just how many of them are like this...

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 78666

View attachment 78667

Wut? Even on the 520, Windows Phone isn't slow... that's the main thing that near every reviewer ever has confirmed.

Not sure if serious or baiting. Cyan was the biggest gamechanger for WP and brought LOADS to the table.

...I haven't read all of the replies... but I wonder just how many of them are like this...
The HTC One doesn't have Cyan.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Can't mark as spam, can't forward(REALLY?), can't attach files, the actual usage is clunky. If you ever used BB10, you would instantly see the difference. I REALLY regret switching to WP8, except for my actual phone, the 1020, it's a great device, but the OS is really slow, it's embarassing to use, sometimes. Cyan didn't bring much to the table. Blackberry did much more with less time on their hands, and that's something to say.

Sounds like someone who has read about windows phone but never actually used it, or, doesn't understand it at all.

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried quoting you but the forum won't let me since you had links in your post.

I stand corrected on the point you brought on the email, except spam.

OS is slow since 8.1, resuming is everywhere, sometimes have to close the app and restart again to fix it. Cyan brought features we should have had since a long time ago, it didn't rock my world. Do you even remember the concept for Windows Phone with the Start menu, the actually useful live tiles and such? This is what I want. This is what we should expect from a huge software company like Microsoft. By the way, what I mean with Cyan not bringing anything much, look at BB10. The 10.2 update changed a lot more than what we had, in a smaller timeframe. I'm writing this from the WPcentral app and it's lagging as I type, same with IE. Going back to my Start menu VISIBLY LAGS. Never had such issues with 8. At least the animations covered that up, now they try to make everything load faster and this is what we get. I shouldn't have to hard reset my device every update to make it fluid. Why can't I dismiss individual notifications? Why can't I tap the notification of Facebook Messenger and actually get to the right conversation? Why can't I have a simple way of switching my mobile data on and off with a simple tap, with a tile?

And the ones saying I don't have a Lumia, that's a nice assumption. Of course, I don't have a Windows phone because I'm not satisfied with how it's coming along. When I departed from blackberry, I expected a lot more from a software giant with its OS that was there longer than BB10! But it's not the case.
/s

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
What pains you most in Windows Phone? :sweaty:

[ Moderator edit - removed excessive punctuation and capital letters ]

the removal of Hubs ( photo: panoramic backgrounds and Me)and the relative destruction of Bing Vision. Also, the downgraded music app.
MS, don't touch the things that are already awesome! :(

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
For me I dislike most the jumps the screen makes every now and then, be it IE or some reading app. I mean the whole text jumps upwards when slowly scrolling down.
And I don't like that much the simple graphics style in WP. Like made for VGA screens 😉

Dorin De Dincolo

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have just one thing to complain about: WHY on Earth wont they add a data connection button on Action Center? Is it really that complicated? I just hate to open the menu everytime.

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
And I don't get the forward on mine, running Cyan and the latest update. I would include a screenshot but I can't from my phone. App doesn't let me, nor the Web version. I'm on Gmail, and it does support forwarding.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
And I don't get the forward on mine, running Cyan and the latest update. I would include a screenshot but I can't from my phone. App doesn't let me, nor the Web version. I'm on Gmail, and it does support forwarding.

So you're telling us that your phone is the only one that doesn't have forward under the respond charm AND no paperclip to attach files? Umm....

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft not knowing how to make their customers happy. (First party apps better on other platforms.)
Microsoft are a billion dollar company with a reputation for it's software but their mobile OS isn't as feature packed as the others.
How people assume it's bad because it has 'windows' in the name.

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh where to begin!

?Xbox Music

?Lack of good support for apps. Even the update schedules are ridiculous. I'm tired of always being behind in the little things compared to Android or iOS.

?Carrier exclusivity. Really? This is a no brainer. I show off my gorgeous 1520 or 1020 to my friends. Most of their reactions...."Ohh! I love it! Is it available on ___?" The most popular phones right now are the iPhones, and the Galaxy line. The majority of these phones are on all major networks! Oh and downgrading a device to meet carrier expectations...is horrible. Like the 1520, 32gb internal storage and wireless charging built inside on the international variant, yet when the phone came to AT&T, it was downgraded to 16gb internal storage and internal wireless charging was taken out. You're now forced to buy a clunky accessory.

?Lack of accessories. This is pretty important, and cheap advertising. I mean, I walked into a Best Buy the other day, a full isle was dedicated to iPhone cases and accessories. Samsung and most Android phones had about half an isle. Windows Phone? NOTHING. Not a single accessory to be found for any model. I mean, walking into a random gas station on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.... has iPhone accessories. It's absurd.

?It would be nice to see some organization in the settings list. I've had Windows Phone for over two and a half years now, and I'm still having an issue finding things in this ever-expanding list.

?Not too important, just more of a cool feature for bigger Windows Phones, split screen multitasking would be awesome. Just saying.

? Another minor thing, the keyboard. Why is the space bar not center?? This drives me insane. I still keep hitting that comma button to the left.

Other than those few things, the OS is pretty amazing. :)

Highziq

May 31, 2014
Visit site
The new 8.1 update is cool and has great changes to the OS
But what I hate about Windows phone now
1. Unable to attach MP3 files on WhatsApp, BBM, viber and wechat
This makes me have an android phone although the windows phone is awesome.
2. Why is there no toggle for mobile data?
3. No option for forcing network to only 2g, 3g or 4g.
When it in 4G, it goes from edge to 3G to H+. Which affects my internet connection.
I want something to be done about that.

Lastly, there much bugs than before especially with the Xbox music, video and games... They are not really impressive.

Apart from that, windows 8.1 is a very nice 😊 operating system

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon