Anyone else having problems with Nokia Software Recovery Tool?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to get demo software off of a phone. Usually works without a single problem... but now it gets to the "Checking for updates" stage and instantly lets me know that it could not check for application updates. Try Again does nothing so all I can do is exit.

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. I first tried last night at home and thought it might be an incompatibility with the Windows 10 Technical Preview but I'm having the same problem here at work on Windows 8.1.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. I first tried last night at home and thought it might be an incompatibility with the Windows 10 Technical Preview but I'm having the same problem here at work on Windows 8.1.
Found another thread where they seriously recommended using Windows 7 instead of 8 as if the OS was causing the problem.

Needless to say, the problem is with them and using W7 didn't fix it at all.

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Found another thread where they seriously recommended using Windows 7 instead of 8 as if the OS was causing the problem.

Needless to say, the problem is with them and using W7 didn't fix it at all.

I've been using it with Windows 8.1 flawlessly for a few months now but yeah, it has to be on their end. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills