Capacitive vs on screen buttons

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a preference for the capacitive buttons or the on screen? I think the new 730 has the on screen version and I would not like windows phone to go this route for all of there phones in the future. The buttons seem smaller and and not as easy to hit. The only benefit I would see is the ability to view the buttons at the bottom of the screen in landscape mode.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
On Screen buttons, anytime :)
It visually feels so great when you apply Accent to on screen buttons and just in case, you don't want to; you can always go with Black/White theme. Besides of those great features, the On Screen buttons are retractable, so you can get extra bit of space when needed by hiding those :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I understand the reasoning behind onscreen buttons to eliminate button mapping, etc., but I prefer capacitive so as to not lose screen real estate.

One of the reasons we all got hooked on WP7 was Microsoft's demands of the three navigation buttons and physical camera button. Now we're losing them all one by one.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just wish I could turn off or really dim the lights behind my capacitive buttons. Way too bright when using the phone in low-light conditions.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
In regards to "losing screen" to on-screen buttons, can't they just be an overlay? And aren't you potentially "gaining bezel" with capacitive buttons?

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I've only had capacitive buttons, but have wished I could have on screen buttons. Reason being is because I'm always accidentally clicking the windows or search key.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Lol, I have never accidentally pressed on the Search button... How would you do that anyway? Its like tapping the back button "accidentally" on a Samsung android device.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather have the capacitive buttons. Too many Androids are going the same way changing to on screen buttons. I prefer my screen clear to see what I'm actually doing.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the physical buttons be it the navigation keys or camera button as they are more reliable & provide easier access & provide for more real estate on the screen.
Also the on-screen ones are smaller & harder to tap, especially when you have fat fingers like my uncle(L630).

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I prefer capacitive buttons. They makes the phone looks better, because they don't leave an ugly blank at the bottom of the front face as on-screen buttons do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss