apn setting can't be open.

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
Today I get a message of apn update, then I go for it and update. After the update, the apn setting can't be open again. I've tried restarted my phone, but the problem continues.
What should I do?

Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well okay, looks like this is a system app for Samsung Windows Phones. If you can manually set the APN under cellular+settings then uninstalling this "apn" app would be your best bet. To uninstall it, set your phone's date time year to sometime in 2115. Then come back to the apn app under settings, it should prompt you to uninstall it. Once uninstalled, change the year back to 2015 and reboot

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Pankaj it worked.
But now I don't have any APN settings anymore in the menu. Not even the old version.
Is there a way to get the old one back?
Or is this only possible with a hard reset?

Last edited:

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It does. You can add apn under the cellular setting.
I don't know when I'd installed this apn setting at the very first place. I don't think I picked it up from the market. It must be the system app been pushed to my phone.

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Well okay, looks like this is a system app for Samsung Windows Phones. If you can manually set the APN under cellular+settings then uninstalling this "apn" app would be your best bet. To uninstall it, set your phone's date time year to sometime in 2115. Then come back to the apn app under settings, it should prompt you to uninstall it. Once uninstalled, change the year back to 2015 and reboot

Thanks dude. It works.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
We don't have option cellular+settings in WP8. This came in WP8.1
APN settings is a seperate option in WP8.
Okay I don't recollect correctly but there should be an editable APN settings under cellular settings. On some phones (ROMs) that setting is disabled. Not sure about your phone's ROM

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but since this thread deals with this particular bug/problem/or else, I will share the screenshot i made from my phone. I am on Samsung ATIV S i8750, running latest official WP8.1.1 (OS + Samsung FW, no PfD). I got 2 apn updates in the last 10 days, seems it's working without a problem for me.
Here's the screenshot:
APN.png

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
So there you go, this update is meant for WP8.1 and not for WP8.0
Before the updates it was working fine for me on WP8.0, just like the screenshots from Boris.
And afterwards it doesn't even open no more.

Thanks Samsung for another bogus sh*t!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So there you go, this update is meant for WP8.1 and not for WP8.0
Before the updates it was working fine for me on WP8.0, just like the screenshots from Boris.
And afterwards it doesn't even open no more.

Thanks Samsung for another bogus sh*t!

Are you on a Canadian T899M? If not I would check with Boris (above poster) on how to get the 8.1.1 update on the Ativ S. He has been quite helpful to a lot folks here for getting 8.1.1 on their Ativ Ss

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you on a Canadian T899M? If not I would check with Boris (above poster) on how to get the 8.1.1 update on the Ativ S. He has been quite helpful to a lot folks here for getting 8.1.1 on their Ativ Ss

Nope not on the Canadian version of the Ativ S.
But thanks, I know how to get manually to WP8.1.
There must be a reason why Samsung did not pushed the update to all of them.
Never mind.

anmizzon

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys!

I live in Italy but having the same problem unfortunately!!! My phone is OS version 8.10.14203.306.

I have tried uninstalling the damned apn but once it is cellur settings for apn editing are nowhere to be found!!!

Any suggestions on how to re-enabled this settings (I believe they where disabled once samsung's apn app was installed).

Simply uninstalling and rebooting does not restore the system app.

I would really like not to have to hard reset... and thank you Samsung so much for this FXXXXXG mess of an app!!!

thank you all for any help!

anmizzon

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello again,

I have an update with a little workaround that seems to be doing the trick.

Once you unistalled the apn from Samsung go back to the store and search for apn again.

the search will return, among others further down the list, this: APNs... which is the apn with LTE settings for Verizon.

store search.jpg
View attachment 99941
View attachment 99942

Install it and then open it. You can now add a new apn with your own settings.

Although it won't allow you to edit/delete the preset verizon apn (which is greyed out), you will notice that adding a new apn will change the verizon apn itself (which will now show the same apn settings you just added). In my case you can see it shows apn setting for 3HG Italia: tre.it

View attachment 99943

It's not perfect and samsung should really get their act together, but 5 minutes ago I had no internet at all on my mobile and this beats that anytime..... :wink:

hope you found this useful...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism