Why aren't my threads (SMS or TEXT) getting restored while resetting the phone (Windows 8)?

Bhuvan ganapathi

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Threads (SMS or TEXT) are not getting restored while restting the phone (windows 8)

Unfortunately I've deleted important text history. around one year messages.

So, I try to retrieve the deleted texts by resetting my phone (I kept text backup on). while retrieving I getting only the text of first 3 months, I've tried 3 times but same result.

In auto back-up it shows backup done 3 days back.

What would be the problem? how to retrieve complete messages???

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The text backup is a "2way" sync . So if you delete them on your phone you also delete them in the backup.
So sorry they are gone. The only thing you could try is contact your provider is they can help you out.

But if you did not delete text older then 3 month they should appear again but this may take some time.

The app+setting back up is a separate one. And is as such not liked to the text backup.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Threads (SMS or TEXT) are not getting restored while restting the phone (windows 8)

So, I try to retrieve the deleted texts by resetting my phone (I kept text backup on). while retrieving I getting only the text of first 3 months, I've tried 3 times but same result.

Agreed with Harrie-S, and welcome to the forums :cool:

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Threads (SMS or TEXT) are not getting restored while restting the phone (windows 8)

You can backup them via transfer my data and restore them.It usually happens with messages over a year older

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)