"Resuming..." Does this every go away?

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Is this standard on 512mb phones? (Particularly with the News app). Will 1GB make it go away or is this just a virtue of WP that everyone accepts? Switching between apps is painfully slow on the Lumia 635. Perhaps this is the issue?

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Is this standard on 512mb phones? (Particularly with the News app). Will 1GB make it go away or is this just a virtue of WP that everyone accepts? Switching between apps is painfully slow on the Lumia 635. Perhaps this is the issue?
Since I have my 930 I barely notice a resuming screen, but I can't really compare flagship to a budget phone.. You must understand that sacrifices are made at multitasking when there is only 512mb of ram.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
the resuming screen is an odd qwerk, I suspect that wp 8.1 has a bit of a bug with lower end phones, my 521 rarely had them, the 8.1 update made them much more frequent, did the same to my 925, I bought my 1520 with 8.1 on it though, so I couldn't say what effect it had.

I can say one thing, using windows 10 on my 1520, though things are sluggish (to be expected from such an early build) I can say its very rare I see a resuming screen.. the only time I ever really see it is when returning to the start screen, which is obviously a bug. I can't even get Xbox music or Skype to do it, and those are two of the worst offenders! So, I'd hang around 'til 10 and see what happens!

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
the resuming screen is an odd qwerk, I suspect that wp 8.1 has a bit of a bug with lower end phones, my 521 rarely had them, the 8.1 update made them much more frequent, did the same to my 925, I bought my 1520 with 8.1 on it though, so I couldn't say what effect it had.

I can say one thing, using windows 10 on my 1520, though things are sluggish (to be expected from such an early build) I can say its very rare I see a resuming screen.. the only time I ever really see it is when returning to the start screen, which is obviously a bug. I can't even get Xbox music or Skype to do it, and those are two of the worst offenders! So, I'd hang around 'til 10 and see what happens!
kinda off topic, but I have a question, does the current version of windows 10 for phone support live folders ?

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
You must understand that sacrifices are made at multitasking when there is only 512mb of ram.
Yes, that was my hunch hence the reference to 512mb in my post. If this annoyance is mainly memory based I'll keep this in mind with my next phone. I'm just using this cheap 635 to tide me over until I see what MS has to offer next fall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans