How do I delete or change a OneDrive account on WP81?

Robert Lee9

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
How to delete or change OneDrive account on WP81

I have a WP81 phone setup for a outlook.com account, but I cant remember the password, so I created a new outlook.com account on the PC, but I cant find anywhere within the phone to delete or disable the old outlook account, or even better would allow me to change the password on the phone's Onedrive as I cant change the password onthe PC but if Ido, I need a way to change the password on the phone's OneDrive which I cant see anywhere within to allow me to do this.

So I am looking for one of the following option :
1. Change the OneDrive's password on the phone
2. Delete the phones OneDrive account so I can create a new account
3. Disable the phone's OneDrive account so I can create a new one.

I found under settings on the phone's OneDrive to 'Reset' and it did warn me of losing all settings, but even after that, everything just the same as before with nothing deleted, please help as I don't want to reset the whole phone just so I can sync with OneDrive.
Thanks

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Two options
1. You can add more acc in OneDrive app. Open app, press hamburger menu...

2.You need to hard reset your phone if you want only one acc. (power + volume up till phone vibrates). You will lose all apps, all media files you can backup to PC, contacts- big question . After reset while you setup your phone enter your NEW account you want use.. Done

Regarding contacts. If your old acc is setup on PC outlook save your contacts then import them to new acc

Robert Lee9

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.

I can add a new account, but the old account is still live, just I don't have the password to access it, I can access it on my pc if I reset the password but that meant I will also need to chnage the pw on the phone which I have no idea how to do, this would be the most simple way yet MS seem to make it like a mission impossible movie.

If I reset the password for the old account, this should meant the old account on the phone's onedrive will no longer sync, which is fine for me except I don't fancy getting popups every few minutes telling me it cant log in, so ideally, I really want to disable/delete the old account on the phone if possible without a total phone reset as there is a lot of company software running.

Thanks a lot for your help.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Can't guarantee this will work but you can try this. You said you can access your old acc on PC, so, change password on PC, then on phone open store and try downloading any app. It should (not saying must) say your password is incorrect and give you option change your password..there you go, change your password on phone now

Update. Instead of Store your can try it with OneDrive too, it should say re-login

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism