"source not supported" when trying to play mp3 file

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
So since itunes wont sync properly with my windows phone i am trying to manually copy some music into it..
i ve copied a folder with a bunch of mp3 files on my phone but none of my music player apps can play the files apart from 3 tracks out of 30..One app says "source not supported" and when i try to open the a file directly it says "sorry, we cant play this file on your phone"

Worse of all there seems to be very little info on the web.
Why is this happening, these are mp3 downloaded from the net they play fine on my computer..

Why is so difficult to do the simplest of tasks like playing music on my phone, why microsoft?

All files contain their extension and filenames dont have any weird characters..
Lumia 1020

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My guess - This looks like a DLC issue with iTunes. My son has an iPhone and has all kinds of issues with his music.
I don't know iTunes architecture, however I'm not certain they allow you to just copy an MP3 file. If you eventually sync your music via iTunes, that should fix your problem.
I copy music all the time and it works just fine. But I don't use iTunes for anything. So I'm saying copying music CAN be done, so this points towards iTunes, not Windows Phone.

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
This has nothing to do with itunes. i copied a folder with mp3 files on my phone but most files wont play.
Ive done the same thing a few times over the past months and it worked..

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
truth is i am not buying another microsoft phone with so bad audio support and soo limited pro apps for audio people.
Even worse there is no info about related issues on the whole web, i guess very few people buy those phones and even fewer bother with such issues..

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Apologies, I meant DRM. Meaning there could be a licensing issue. If some files play, then it is unlikely a device issue and since I can do what you described... then it isn't a platform Issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire