Lumia 640 images corrupted and can't see them in Photos application, what is the problem?

Hadrian625

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 640 images corrupted and can't see them in Photos aplication

I have a Lumia 640 Phone with OS Win Phone 8.1 Update 2
Suddenly I got errors says that videos taken with Lumia camera couldn't be played anymore. I restarted the phone and after restart I got a message that some corrupted data was recovered. After that no image showed up in Photos application. I could only see the images in the Files application, under Camera Roll folder. Now I can only see the in the Photos application after I save each one, but that is not acceptable due to high number of files. Can anyone offer a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 images corrupted and can't see them in Photos aplication

I have a Lumia 640 Phone with OS Win Phone 8.1 Update 2
Suddenly I got errors says that videos taken with Lumia camera couldn't be played anymore. I restarted the phone and after restart I got a message that some corrupted data was recovered. After that no image showed up in Photos application. I could only see the images in the Files application, under Camera Roll folder. Now I can only see the in the Photos application after I save each one, but that is not acceptable due to high number of files. Can anyone offer a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

copy them to pc and then copy back to phone?

Hadrian625

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I considered that already. I copied them in phone in Photos folder under Saved subfolder. But I wanted to know also what could have caused that corruption of files, and what can I do in the future to prevent it. As it is quite annoying to have the photos, videos all working one day and the other day corrupted. This is not normal...

Hadrian625

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

No, only internal memory. But I am considering to buy a SD card as internal memory gets full quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss