Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    It has been a while since WPCentral has given anything away and with the help of Seidio, you are going to have a chance at winning a Seidio Case for your Windows Phone. And all you have to do is tell us what’s on your mind.

We’ve started this discussion asking which accessory you would like to see become available for Windows Phone 7 devices.

Is there an accessory that was available for the Windows Mobile phones that you’d like to see transition to Windows Phone 7? It could be a case, extended battery, docking station, Bluetooth accessory, or keyboard. Here’s your chance to bend the ear of Seidio and any other accessory manufacturers who might drop by.

Give us your thoughts and on March 20, 2011 (say around 5:00pm CST) we’ll randomly draw five winners from posted comments. The prize, the Innocase Surface Combo Case for your Windows Phone (your choice on what's available at the time). You will need to register to participate. It’s a painless process that starts here.

Good luck and WPCentral would like to thank Seidio Inc. for sponsoring this contest.
    Last edited by George Ponder; 03-11-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

I would love to see the active case from seidio available to the windows phone line up. I currently own an hd7 unlocked from bell and the surface innocase seems sleek and nice but I believe that the active case is the best of both worlds, sleek and rugged.

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts
    I personally like cradles for my devices. I have has a cradle for my treos (600,650, 750 and treo pro) and pure and tilt2. The challenge of a cradle for my new focus with its charger on the top would seem to dictate a cradle with a horizontal orientation instead of vertical. On the other hand synching can be done wirelessly now over the air. So its not really necessary but I still like cradles. It would be interesting to get someone to make a vertical cradle with the male end on the top of the cradle.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I would love to see some colorful cases. Coming from the iPhone world, the only thing I miss about that is the awesome amount of cases that were available; so many colors, so many options. I just want some exciting cases that are as awesome as the Windows Phone is.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    My accessory of choice would be extended batteries that don't make the phone look like a flat grenade, so it may not be as extended as the "grenade batteries" it would be nice to see more battery life (I own an HD7, and I have no idea why HTC would stuff a 1230 mAh battery in such a big power hungry phone) my battery life is decent but I know they could've done much better. My second accessory would probably be, yes more cases the ones available are nice, but it would be nice to see a far larger selection for more custom looks, it is understandable that the iPhone has sooo many cases because it's just one phone, no real differentiations between customers so it's like "hey! you have an iPhone too?" and you can't really compare anything but apps if you really wanna "geek out" lol so to speak. with WP7 there are a little more options given that their are multiple vendors so comparing WP7 phones can still be interesting. Android, well since it's the "OS *****" everyone flocks to it lol... And that's all I have to say about that.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    A stereo docking station would be great for my Samsung Focus, it'd be especially useful now that I subscribed to the Zune pass.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'd like to see more case options. When I bought my Focus I had to get an Evo case to hold it. I should have waited, I've had Seidio holsters for all my old phones and loved them. Pricey, but great quality.

I'd like to see a official samsung docking station for the Omnia 7.

I'd also love a stereo docking station for my Samsung Focus, but with the 3.5mm audio jack and the microUSB plug both on the TOP of the device, it's not exactly dockable. I don't understand that design. It's like they said "Insane amount of possible money for accessories be damned!"

Anyways, I'd love to see the Focus attachment become available from ProClip for vehicles. My HD2 holder fits good enough, but it's definitely not snug.

Also, I'd like to see some good offerings from OtterBox.

Im goiing to go with an extended battery if possible while i feel the battery life of my focus isnt terrible its sometimes last a long time and sometimes just drains in a few hours with no different use. Ide also love to see a side facing dock so i could use it as a clock / alarm clock.

I would love to see a good audio cradle. With the heavy integration of Zune in my phone, a cradle that would significantly show this off would be awesome.

I would love a SMALL device that you can plug into your phone that would transmit IR, and a program to go along with it to enable complex functionality like that Logitech Harmony universal remotes.

It would be pretty sweet sitting on my couch, using my phone to check websites and control tv/dvd/dvr/stereo

Global Posts
    2,378 Global Posts
    Just for once I'd love to see a company dedicate their time to a full and complete line of cases and stuff for sports fans. College football and basketball, MLB, NFL, NBA, the entire lineup. Each case in the home team colors with the official team logo.

Now that'd be sweet.

I'd have a Vols orange case and a Tar Heel blue case! Yessir!
    Let's go, Tar Heels! Follow me on Twitter @ctt1wbw
    My pathetic blog: www.sk1wbw.wordpress.com

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Of course I'd like to see a bigger battery by Seidio that doesn't require a larger back of the phone. Most of all I'd like a quality hard case for my Focus. I see the ones on Seidios website are backordered. I sure would be nice to have one.

I'd like to see a docking station with speakers, and a wireless (wifi) feature with an app that drives the speakers remotely.

I would like to see cradles. And a good docking station with speakers so we can enjoy Zune a little more.

I would like to see some alternate covers to replace the OEM back plate.

I know someone has mentioned it already and I believe they are right. An active/rugged case is something that is lacking for WP7.

According to this facebook discussion:

Samsung Focus case | Facebook

Otterbox clearly states that they have no intention of making a case for Wp7 so they would give Siedio the only (and best) rugged case on the market.

So plleeease make an active case!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    It would be great to have a dock to hold the Focus up on it's side (for an alarm clock or to watch videos)

In sincerely believing that Verizon will eventually carry the HTC Trophy, I would like to see a black leather horizontal case for this phone, along the lines of a Daytimer billfold design.

This way I can keep the case/phone in my jacket pocket accessible in a moment's notice, while not having to fumble around my pants pocket or belt loop for my device, all the while maintaining a dignified professional apperance with the higher ups during meetings, etc at work.

I would really love to see some sort of dock for the Focus. I really miss being able to have my phone propped up at my desk and have it charging. Inclusion of a 3.5mm plug in there would be excellent as well.

I would like to see a external battery case for the HTC HD7

HTC HD7

Speaking for myself: I would say a larger selection of case styles/colors; and a sleek looking cradle/docking station that can accommodate your cases along with good support at the back so that it doesn't rely on the connectors for stability.

Speaking for my wife: PINK :rolleyes: . She really likes my black Innocase II Surface, but not having it in pink was a deal breaker. Maybe a purple one (at the right price ;) ;) ) would change her mind. :D

I'd love love love a dock station for my Samsung Focus

I very much want a cradle. Unfortunately the non standardized position of the USB ports makes that unlikely for any but the most popular phones. Even then the Focus having it on top makes it harder too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast