04-12-2011 02:43 PM
- George PonderEditorIt has been a while since WPCentral has given anything away and with the help of Seidio, you are going to have a chance at winning a Seidio Case for your Windows Phone. And all you have to do is tell us what’s on your mind.
We’ve started this discussion asking which accessory you would like to see become available for Windows Phone 7 devices.
Is there an accessory that was available for the Windows Mobile phones that you’d like to see transition to Windows Phone 7? It could be a case, extended battery, docking station, Bluetooth accessory, or keyboard. Here’s your chance to bend the ear of Seidio and any other accessory manufacturers who might drop by.
Give us your thoughts and on March 20, 2011 (say around 5:00pm CST) we’ll randomly draw five winners from posted comments. The prize, the Innocase Surface Combo Case for your Windows Phone (your choice on what's available at the time). You will need to register to participate. It’s a painless process that starts here.
Good luck and WPCentral would like to thank Seidio Inc. for sponsoring this contest.
Last edited by George Ponder; 03-11-2011 at 06:53 PM.03-11-2011 02:59 PM
- I personally like cradles for my devices. I have has a cradle for my treos (600,650, 750 and treo pro) and pure and tilt2. The challenge of a cradle for my new focus with its charger on the top would seem to dictate a cradle with a horizontal orientation instead of vertical. On the other hand synching can be done wirelessly now over the air. So its not really necessary but I still like cradles. It would be interesting to get someone to make a vertical cradle with the male end on the top of the cradle.03-11-2011 07:19 PM
- I would love to see some colorful cases. Coming from the iPhone world, the only thing I miss about that is the awesome amount of cases that were available; so many colors, so many options. I just want some exciting cases that are as awesome as the Windows Phone is.03-11-2011 07:36 PM
- My accessory of choice would be extended batteries that don't make the phone look like a flat grenade, so it may not be as extended as the "grenade batteries" it would be nice to see more battery life (I own an HD7, and I have no idea why HTC would stuff a 1230 mAh battery in such a big power hungry phone) my battery life is decent but I know they could've done much better. My second accessory would probably be, yes more cases the ones available are nice, but it would be nice to see a far larger selection for more custom looks, it is understandable that the iPhone has sooo many cases because it's just one phone, no real differentiations between customers so it's like "hey! you have an iPhone too?" and you can't really compare anything but apps if you really wanna "geek out" lol so to speak. with WP7 there are a little more options given that their are multiple vendors so comparing WP7 phones can still be interesting. Android, well since it's the "OS *****" everyone flocks to it lol... And that's all I have to say about that.03-11-2011 08:20 PM
- I'd also love a stereo docking station for my Samsung Focus, but with the 3.5mm audio jack and the microUSB plug both on the TOP of the device, it's not exactly dockable. I don't understand that design. It's like they said "Insane amount of possible money for accessories be damned!"
Anyways, I'd love to see the Focus attachment become available from ProClip for vehicles. My HD2 holder fits good enough, but it's definitely not snug.
Also, I'd like to see some good offerings from OtterBox.03-11-2011 09:16 PM
- Im goiing to go with an extended battery if possible while i feel the battery life of my focus isnt terrible its sometimes last a long time and sometimes just drains in a few hours with no different use. Ide also love to see a side facing dock so i could use it as a clock / alarm clock.03-11-2011 09:23 PM
- I would love a SMALL device that you can plug into your phone that would transmit IR, and a program to go along with it to enable complex functionality like that Logitech Harmony universal remotes.
It would be pretty sweet sitting on my couch, using my phone to check websites and control tv/dvd/dvr/stereo03-11-2011 10:57 PM
- Just for once I'd love to see a company dedicate their time to a full and complete line of cases and stuff for sports fans. College football and basketball, MLB, NFL, NBA, the entire lineup. Each case in the home team colors with the official team logo.
Now that'd be sweet.
I'd have a Vols orange case and a Tar Heel blue case! Yessir!03-11-2011 11:20 PM
- I know someone has mentioned it already and I believe they are right. An active/rugged case is something that is lacking for WP7.
According to this facebook discussion:
Samsung Focus case | Facebook
Otterbox clearly states that they have no intention of making a case for Wp7 so they would give Siedio the only (and best) rugged case on the market.
So plleeease make an active case!03-12-2011 08:32 AM
- In sincerely believing that Verizon will eventually carry the HTC Trophy, I would like to see a black leather horizontal case for this phone, along the lines of a Daytimer billfold design.
This way I can keep the case/phone in my jacket pocket accessible in a moment's notice, while not having to fumble around my pants pocket or belt loop for my device, all the while maintaining a dignified professional apperance with the higher ups during meetings, etc at work.03-12-2011 10:19 AM
- HTC HD7
Speaking for myself: I would say a larger selection of case styles/colors; and a sleek looking cradle/docking station that can accommodate your cases along with good support at the back so that it doesn't rely on the connectors for stability.
Speaking for my wife: PINK :rolleyes: . She really likes my black Innocase II Surface, but not having it in pink was a deal breaker. Maybe a purple one (at the right price ;) ;) ) would change her mind. :D03-12-2011 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD