Trophy Accessories?

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So now that we finally have official confirmation that the Trophy will be coming to Verizon next week, I'm starting to think about accessories for the phone--in particular, cases, screen protectors. Does anyone know if the cases and such that are available online for the original GSM Trophy will work with the Verizon version? Do we need to wait for the Verizon Trophy-specific accessories?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
the original ones should work fine, the device (as far as it seems) doesn't have different dimensions from the original trophy 7.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, like with the iPhone there might be slight differences. I'm gonna see if there's any info on available extras when I go in today.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well verizon does have their own cases ready for the trophy as I just ordered mine and they asked if I wanted a case as well. So we'll have to wait and see what they look like

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I ended up ordering the Case Mate "Barely There" Case off Amazon a few days back. Seems to be free of much bulk; hence, the "barely there" moniker. Hopefully it fits when I get my phone!

I looked at some screen protectors, but didn't get anything. The screen is Gorilla glass, right? Might not need a film...

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i've never been able to put on screen protectors properly, plus i don't like the sticky feel they give the glass, i like the smoothness of glass.

i haven't had a screen protector on my phone since my storm 1, and i have yet to get a scratch on the screen

*knocks on wood*

brandonx1000

May 26, 2011
Visit site
nice, i was just looking at the case. report back and let us know if you like?

got it today...not a huge fan. it makes the phone a lot thicker and its hard as nothing to get it out of the case. it also makes the power button harder to hit.

we'll see how it goes for a week, and ill report back

rion_j

May 28, 2011
Visit site
got it today...not a huge fan. it makes the phone a lot thicker and its hard as nothing to get it out of the case. it also makes the power button harder to hit.

we'll see how it goes for a week, and ill report back

Bummer, well that stinks. I haven't seen to many cases yet and the pop seemed like the most promising. Hows the kickstand? More importantly how's the device? I get mine on tuesday and can hardly wait

brandonx1000

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Bummer, well that stinks. I haven't seen to many cases yet and the pop seemed like the most promising. Hows the kickstand? More importantly how's the device? I get mine on tuesday and can hardly wait

i actually take back what ive said...im really digging the case now. i took it off and put it back on, and it seems better...i'm coming from the fascinate, so it is gonna be larger

rion_j

May 28, 2011
Visit site
i actually take back what ive said...im really digging the case now. i took it off and put it back on, and it seems better...i'm coming from the fascinate, so it is gonna be larger

Nice, right on. I'm coming from the fascinate as well. Looking forward to a smoother experience with wp7

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the Case Mate "Barely There" case and I love it. Fits really well, super slim, and looks great. Bonus, it also comes with a screen protector, so if you didn't already order save yourself a few dollars. The screen protector covers all the glass, cant even tell I have it on. I highly recommend this case. The only negative I can see is that there is a small section on both the top of the phone, by the ear speaker, that is unprotected. Thats it, hope that helps some of you guys.

brandonx1000

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the Case Mate "Barely There" case and I love it. Fits really well, super slim, and looks great. Bonus, it also comes with a screen protector, so if you didn't already order save yourself a few dollars. The screen protector covers all the glass, cant even tell I have it on. I highly recommend this case. The only negative I can see is that there is a small section on both the top of the phone, by the ear speaker, that is unprotected. Thats it, hope that helps some of you guys.

case mate discontinued the case..i posted what happened in a separate thread

rion_j

May 28, 2011
Visit site
you know, verizon doesnt have any cases yet. i wonder if they will be adding some? anyone have any news on this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium