Headphones that are compatible with Windows Phone? (Help!)

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
The headphones that came with my Samsung Focus got busted recently and I can't find a replacement pair anywhere.

I actually liked the headphones. I find it stupid that on the Samsung website the only 'compatable' headphones they have listed are ones that don't have compatible controls. Also, based on comments from various forums and websites and stores, it looks like not many actually work properly with Windows Phone.

I need headphones (earbuds) that meet the following criteria:
- Excellent sound quality (and hopefully good bass)
- Volume control
- Answer calls + Mic
- Play/Pause button for music

Any success stories or recommendations?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Focus-compatable Headphones???

Hi there,
The headphones that came with my Samsung Focus got busted recently and I can't find a replacement pair anywhere.

I actually liked the headphones. I find it stupid that on the Samsung website the only 'compatable' headphones they have listed are ones that don't have compatible controls. Also, based on comments from various forums and websites and stores, it looks like not many actually work properly with Windows Phone.

I need headphones (earbuds) that meet the following criteria:
- Excellent sound quality (and hopefully good bass)
- Volume control
- Answer calls + Mic
- Play/Pause button for music

Any success stories or recommendations?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I change headphones every 3 months of so because they die on me. The Blackberry OEM headphones have a very clear sound with good volume and has a play/pause button.

No volume control though. I have them so far and I recommend them.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have used a few different ones from Best Buy. The Rocketfish ones work OK for a decent price. The JayBird ones are a little pricier, but the people I call seem to like the microphone better. Both the Rocketfish and JayBirds headsets have a button which supports the phone controls. With all of these I am tempted to glue the earbuds onto the headset as I seem to lose those quite regularly.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have used a few different ones from Best Buy. The Rocketfish ones work OK for a decent price. The JayBird ones are a little pricier, but the people I call seem to like the microphone better. Both the Rocketfish and JayBirds headsets have a button which supports the phone controls. With all of these I am tempted to glue the earbuds onto the headset as I seem to lose those quite regularly.

Do they both fully work with WP7 the call/music controls? And if so, do you know the exact model numbers? :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
go back to the store where you got the FOCUS, they SHOULD be able to order the SAME pair of earphones that came in the box , wait 3-4 dayz till the next order and BOOM!

if not id check out cell phone stores ( including other carriers ) Samsung has been giving out the SAME ear phones with all Samsung data phones for the last 2 years ( starting with Omnia 2 ) ,, should be easy to find.

PS most ear phones are all compatible , don’t always believe what you read. you could use iphone ear phones , they seem to be working in mine,. lol

hope it helps.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
go back to the store where you got the FOCUS, they SHOULD be able to order the SAME pair of earphones that came in the box , wait 3-4 dayz till the next order and BOOM!

if not id check out cell phone stores ( including other carriers ) Samsung has been giving out the SAME ear phones with all Samsung data phones for the last 2 years ( starting with Omnia 2 ) ,, should be easy to find.

PS most ear phones are all compatible , don?t always believe what you read. you could use iphone ear phones , they seem to be working in mine,. lol

hope it helps.

I don't think you can 'order' them, whether it's through the carrier or yourself. I believe the most is getting a set from a returned/defective device.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Write Samsung support and tell them that the headphones that came with your device, and that you really liked btw, broke and you would like to know how to get a replacement par. Bet you get a new pair, no charge, within a week.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can 'order' them, whether it's through the carrier or yourself. I believe the most is getting a set from a returned/defective device.

well when i worked in a bell store ( 1 year ago (im in an office now :p ) i Use to be able to order earphones individually.

if your in CANADA go to a bell store and ill guranty 100% they can order it for you. like others, i use to get a new pair every 3 months ( cause of abuse and what not lol )

Dynic Darre

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the Klipsch and the sound is great. No controllers though. Just about impossible to get controllers with good quality buds for WP. I have the Bose buds and the stop/start works but the sound and comfort aren't as good as the Klipsh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills