Headphones w/ inline remote?

GeneNZ

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Wondering anyone could give me some ideas on this one.

I'm looking for a set of good quality in-ear headphones with an inline remote that works on a Nokia Lumia 800. So that means the forward/backwards/play buttons work and potentially volume control.

I know Nokia has the Purity Range of headphones that have an inline remote, and they were designed for the Lumia series. I had it on order and all stores were reporting a 1 Dec release, but now its been put back until 15th Dec.

Problem is for various reasons I can't wait that long.

Does anyone else have any experience with headphones with an inline remote that works? Some people have said the Klipsch S4i might work, but I haven't tried it. I've tested on some Beats Audio headphones and they definitely don't work. That's the only headphones I've been able to test out on.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

GeneNZ

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
So to add to this, I tried a set of on-ear Nokia Purity Headphones at CarPhoneWarehouse in Ealing.

The inline remote works well. Volume works well and there is a single button. You can play/pause (single click), fast foward (two clicks), rewind (three clicks).

For ?200 though, the sound quality of these headphones are horrible. They are similar quality to the audio by beats range (which is to say they are ****). My current ?40 Soundmagic PL45 sound alot better. I have some Klipsch S4's on order at the moment. I didn't order the S4i's because the inline remote probably won't work.

MarkyGuitar

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a pair of Bose QC15's. The inline remote will pause / resume the current track only. The mic does not work. I am using the straight cable without remote instead. Bose have no plans as apparently it will work for som Windows devices (HTC) but not others so I'm praying a developer will make an app to enable any headphones designed for iDevices to work with Win7.5 (as a dev mate said it should be possible but doesn't develop Win7.5).

BTW I too ordered some Purity HD headphones from Amazon and was so sad when they arrived :mad: - they looked cheap and sounded a lot worse than the ?180 I paid so I sent them back.

fbloise

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Are the Purity in-ear WH-920 any good??

I'm looking for something good for my Lumia (and occasionally my BB Playbook)..

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
A Lumia 800 with any firmware earlier than the one being released this month is going to be a poor judge of headphone sound quality.

I have the Purity HD over-ear headphones and they are pretty excellent with my Sony Walkman A846. I just updated my Lumia but I haven't tried it with the Purity yet.

In any case, for regular use I have my Jaybird Freedom Bluetooth earphones which are unaffected by the Lumia's originally poor audio quality.

The advantage of Bluetooth headphones, especially for Windows Phones is that the universal AVRCP controls work perfectly, whereas for wired headphones your choice of WP-compatible controls is quite limited.

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Are the Purity in-ear WH-920 any good??

I'm looking for something good for my Lumia (and occasionally my BB Playbook)..

I have these and gave a cursory review over on the Lumia 900 forum. I like them quite a bit, though I'm currently using them with non-nokia hardware until I get my Lumia, so the inline remote does not function for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers