Nokia WH-930 Purity HD Wired On-Ear Stereo Headset By Monster

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at these headphones and so far have only found one review on Expansys; does anyone have a pair of these?
I've seen lots of comments which are mainly coloured by people's lack of love for Monster but no real informed comments about the quality.

shocol

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have these and really like them, but I'm not a good judge of things like this. I bought them after reading the review at AllAboutWindowsPhone.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a pair and I think they're fine. My telco bundled them with my Lumia 800; I would never actually pay for them, the price is faintly ridiculous. Anyway, after updating my Lumia to the 12070 firmware today, the phone's output finally does the headphones justice.

I'm not an expert, but I'd say bass is fairly strong and treble is adequate. Hardware-wise, I find it a little less solidly built than the Beats range, but otherwise the construction is very similar.
You don't have much of a choice when it comes to over ear headphones with WP-compatible controls anyway, unless you go for a Bluetooth option.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Titan right now but looking to change once the 900 comes out so I might get a pair of these. Thanks for the feedback.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
When these came in my lumia 800 bundle I was initially very dissapointed in the sound quality. Now I realize it's just the sound quality of the 800. I tried them with my focus s, they sound quite good.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just to follow up, I upgraded my 800's firmware today, and these headphones sound quite good now. Huge difference.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a pair of these delivered today and to say I'm disappointed in the sound quality is an understatement. On both the Windows Phones I tried them on the sound is muffled, voices can barely be heard. Unfortuantely I'll need to send them back and I'm not sure if it's a quality control issue or something that is common to these. :(

Well I'm glad I tried these again.....

So after trying to be really careful with the headphones and packaging (just in case I need to send anything back) I thought I'd try the headphones again and the magical second cable in the box. I didn't notice the difference between the 2 cables at first sooooo..... I tried the 2nd cable :)

The sound is absolutely perfect, crisp and clear on rock or classical.

Last edited:

waltah

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a pair of these delivered today and to say I'm disappointed in the sound quality is an understatement. On both the Windows Phones I tried them on the sound is muffled, voices can barely be heard. Unfortuantely I'll need to send them back and I'm not sure if it's a quality control issue or something that is common to these. :(

Well I'm glad I tried these again.....

So after trying to be really careful with the headphones and packaging (just in case I need to send anything back) I thought I'd try the headphones again and the magical second cable in the box. I didn't notice the difference between the 2 cables at first sooooo..... I tried the 2nd cable :)

The sound is absolutely perfect, crisp and clear on rock or classical.
I picked up a pair yesterday and I like the quite a bit. They aren't as bass heavy as Beats, but low end is well defined and tight. Acoustic music sounds really fantastic, especially. The case is much better than most I've seen and make them truly portable. Cable is detachable and I love the flat tangle free design. Controls work great, and they actually control my Galaxy Note as well. Very good volume level as well. Using them with a Titan 2, btw.

Darren Smith

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if these work with the 920 I got them for christmas and the in line functions such as the media controls and the in line mic dont seem to be working i called nokia and they said they were the right ones but when i go to settings it doesnt show the headphones in the accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3