Must-have accessories?

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What are some accessories you would like to see for the Lumia 900?

Personally, I'd like to see ProClip USA come out with a device holder for their vehicle mounts. There is currently one for the Lumia 800, so I expect to see it for the 900 as well. They are very nice, albeit expensive, device holders that work with mounts they design specifically for your vehicle.

Last edited:

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to first see a fingerprint and glare proof screen protector. Then I'd like to see a specifically made seal that protects the band that goes around the camera. Also, like gibbyhome said, a Dock Charger. Other then that, not much really. MAYBE a case like the Lumia 800.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to first see a fingerprint and glare proof screen protector. Then I'd like to see a specifically made seal that protects the band that goes around the camera. Also, like gibbyhome said, a Dock Charger. Other then that, not much really. MAYBE a case like the Lumia 800.

I agree about the screen protector and the camera area. I was hoping for a dedicated car mount myself. Let's hope Nokia will introduce some nice OEM accessories alongside the 900.

blends

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I plan on putting a clear skin on the back to protect the metal strip on the back and to help keep the camera lens clean. I'm not sure if I want to skin the front of the phone. Something like an invisible shield or bodyguardz. I'd also like to see a holster like what seidio offers. I use a leather clip-on pouch with my current phone and it does the job but the flap looks kind of lame. A dock would also be great.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see a small piece to cover the lense strip, as has been said above. It didn't take any time at all for the strip to get scratched up on my 800, and I'm VERY careful with my phones. I've already ordered a case from amazon for my 900 site unseen, just so I have protection from day 1. It's a shame to cover up such a beautiful phone. I really wish Nokia would have learned from the 800 and made the strip a different material, or even better just recessed it a few mm into the body.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
the iFrogz cases on AT&T seem to cover up the metal strip on the back if that helps.

Personally I'm more interested in something small that would just cover the strip. Logistically, I don't think it's possible (other than maybe a screen protector cut to size).

I will say that the included case with the 800 doesn't cover the strip up, but it keeps it from rubbing against any surface that you lay the phone on, which is what causes all the scratches.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I'm looking at. Will reduce fingerprints and scratches, but do you all have any idea what it will do to the feel of the device? Maybe I'll just cut out the back part so it goes over the camera band and nothing else and put the front one on?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i'd also like a dock and a strip of screen protector to cover the metal camera strip.

man, someone could make some coin off just pumping out precut strips for that piece...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99