Learned my lesson with third party batteries

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I have given up on buying batteries from third party companies, including companies with good reputations like Mugen Power.

For my HD7 I purchased the 1500mAh battery from Mugen only to find that it would die out faster than the OEM 1230mAh battery. I wrote to Mugen and they suggested that I exchange the battery for another but even the replacement was no better.

I did follow their charge and discharge instructions to condition the battery from the start but it made no difference. Some people on another board said they generally had good experiences with Mugen batteries and thought I may have got two duds.

After going through that experience, for some reason I thought for my 710 I should try out the Mugen 1800mAh BP-4L battery in case I did previously get bad batteries. Once again I followed their instructions on how to charge the battery the first 5 times but again I found it was no better than the OEM 1300mAh battery. The Nokia diagnostic tool lists the Mugen battery as 1390mAh - 410mAh less than advertised!

I don't know how these guys have got a good reputation when they ship batteries with less capacity than advertised.

Has anyone else actually got good batteries from any third party companies?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh dear. I feel bad because I probably was one of the folks who recommended Mugen to you. I'm real sorry to hear you're having trouble with their batteries. I've used their stuff on my Palm Pre and HTC EVO 3D with no troubles whatsoever. I am not sure why you should have so much trouble with their Lumia 710 battery.

I have also used Amzer and Anker batteries. I had an Amzer in my Palm Pre and I currently have an Anker battery in my HTC HD7. And my brother has a Seidio battery in his HTC Hero. In each case, batteries from those companies have been satisfactory.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Nah don't worry about it! I had decided on getting the Mugen battery after reading in other places like xda about how the 710 can take a BP-4L so it was either the Nokia version (1500mah), or Mugen version with 1800mah.

I have also heard from other people (mostly Android users) who had good batteries from Mugen so maybe I just have bad luck with them.

In any case I will stick with OEM batteries now. The stock 710 battery is good enough for me to be honest, but I just like to throw money around to jazz up my phone :confused:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Seidio normally has good extended life batteries. We use to have a Seidio rep at Treo Central and everyone seemed satisfied with their batteries. I used a Seidio extended life battery in my Treo Pro and it lasted about a year, which was ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo