Protecting the 900

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
New to the site, as I am going to go pick up the 900 on Sunday and give my Iphone 4 to a family member.

I am loving the Cyan blue and I don't want to cover it up, but I also want to protect it. So I am not sure about cases, and I have found some sites that cover in a clear plastic like zagg or body guardz? What does everything think, should I just get a case or go try out one of these plastic sticker things?

********edit - I did not see the accessory section above. I will move to that forum.

Last edited:

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm usually averse to cases and it won't be any different this time with the Lumia 900. The polycarbonate body is very resilient to scratches. However, I am worried about the chrome around the camera getting all scratched up, so I was thinking about getting a plastic protector solely for that area. I might consider getting one for the screen if it gets too gunked up with fingerprints.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a case that I have already, it's going on the phone immediately. Once I figure out a way to protect the camera strip, it's coming off. I'm also thinking of trying a screen protector cut down to size. However, it seems that it might peel up/off too easily, and I might not notice it's gone until it's too late ;) DAMN YOU NOKIA FOR NOT FIXING THAT ;)

Nanjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Without a outshell, the camera strip will be all scratched up in a day. That's what happened to my friends Lumia 800. I have a "Nokia blue" Lumia 800 and it comes with a matching gel protection case. It fits perfectly with the 800. The gel case color "was" really good. But after using it for a while, the color changed especially at the edges. I also bought a Black color case in HK from Nokia store (>US$ 15), and it does not have "color change" simply becasue it is "Black". For this reason, I will buy a Lumia 900 Black color case today when I pick up the 900. And of course, a "naked" Lumia looks the best.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't actually held the phone, so I guess I will make a decision once I do get it. I will just have to be extra careful about the camera.

If the material is indeed scratch resistant I will probably just get the screen protector and hopefully cut out a little section on another for the camera part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa