Car Holder / Mount?

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This might be too soon to ask, but want to start getting ideas for a simple car holder that can screw flat onto a fixed mount I already have in place. Nothing fancy, but I do need to be able access the side buttons. I'm thinking some sort of plain claw or drop-in slide. I've kinda looked at universal holders, and all seem a bit bulky.

Last edited:

hiko36

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
NUSA-CR-123-Nokia-Lumia-800-black-jpg.jpg

That's on the Nokia site. Of course, like all their accessories I have no clue where to buy it from.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That is an 800 pictured in it, so if it is custom fit, it won't fit the 900 and if it will fit the 800 and 900 it would be a universal type (albeit nice looking) and still not quite what the OP was after.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is the type of mount I have (not, of course, my phone :)). I'm going to mount the 900 so the top of it is just a little over top of the mount. I already ordered right-angle stereo and usb cables to go straight back over the top of the 900, toward the front of the car.

http://www.kudausa.com/

281_mercedes_e_w124_85_95.jpg

I can screw directly into the mount, so I'm looking for something minimalist that will sit flat, kinda like this, but that will not cover the side buttons:

thumb.php

Or even as simple as this:

diy-car-mount.jpg

I'm thinking I may have to try to fashion something myself, but I'd much rather find an off the shelf bracket.

Last edited:

davela72

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Not to jump off topic but for those that have a windshield mount, are you using the standard car charger? I currently have a Nokia car charger but the cord isn't super long and it would be a stretch to reach the phone on the windshield.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cmunic8r99

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
That's what I was looking at, model CR-123 and it is adjustable so it's not made specifically for the 800. I see you can get it through Expansys but they probably have to order it from across the pond.

Nokia's European site says it's compatible with devices 90-130mm long, 50-70mm wide, 8-16mm thick, and up to 200g. The 900 is 127.8 x 68.5 x 11.5 mm and weighs 160g, so the CR-123 should work.

I'd prefer something with a little more reach, though.

davela72

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Nokia's European site says it's compatible with devices 90-130mm long, 50-70mm wide, 8-16mm thick, and up to 200g. The 900 is 127.8 x 68.5 x 11.5 mm and weighs 160g, so the CR-123 should work.

I'd prefer something with a little more reach, though.

Yep, I was looking at that last night. It looks like Expansys has some on the way so I'm going to order it through them.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I received an email back from ProClip and they stated that the Nokia 900 holder is going to be available in a couple of weeks. They tried to recommend a universal holder but I want one that has a power connector like they had for the Samsung Focus.

Thank you for your interest in our ProClip Holders. At this time we do not have a Holder for the Nokia Lumia 900. We are making one, however due to the large number of new products we are developing, we cannot give a specific date as to when this will be available. We anticipate the holder to be available within the next few weeks. You will be notified by e-mail as soon as the Holder has been received at our warehouse and is ready for online ordering.

Our adjustable holder 875214A will work with the Nokia Lumia 900 and a case:

ProClip Other Holders - Regular Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel for wider devices with or without a skin*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

tool6996

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have some updated mounting options they have used?

The person who mentioned this one didn't even have a 900 so assuming it would push on the ON button. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ource=vb_wp&utm_medium=content&token=hLk7knqo

I prefer something like this, but since I have curved dash sounds like this doesn't conform like the "sandbag" types:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ource=vb_wp&utm_medium=content&token=xoeOYGn3

Need to get something before our upcoming vaca. Thanks

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
ProClip now has Lumia 900 specific holders listed

ProClip now has Lumia 900 specific holders listed.

Unfortunately, it looks like the models with the charging port (512380, 513380) might have arms that cover the lock/unlock and volume buttons, which would be pretty lame. The simple holder (511380) looks like it keeps the buttons clear other than the camera). I think a phone call for clarification is going to be in order here.

Device Mounts & Holders*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Stan City

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
ProClip now has Lumia 900 specific holders listed.

Unfortunately, it looks like the models with the charging port (512380, 513380) might have arms that cover the lock/unlock and volume buttons, which would be pretty lame. The simple holder (511380) looks like it keeps the buttons clear other than the camera). I think a phone call for clarification is going to be in order here.

Device Mounts & Holders*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Did you get an answer? I bought the universal mount since I put a protective case on my 900.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you get an answer? I bought the universal mount since I put a protective case on my 900.
I did receive an answer. Matter of fact, I talked to the guy for a while (he's into Windows Phones). He said they had machined open the sides of the arms to allow access to the buttons. But it did not sound to me, as it looks in the pics, that access to the buttons is easy. So, I went ahead and bought the more basic model without a charger, the 511380, and hardwired a right-angle USB cable to use when needed. I'll post a pic later.

dc116

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mountek CD-Slot Mount (Amazon)

Thought I would add my experience with Amazon's top-rated universal mount.

I ordered this one so my wife and I could both use our phones with it. I wanted a mount that would put the phone as high up as possible without blocking part of the windshield, and in my CR-V the stereo is at the top of the dash, so this sounded perfect.

It's a solid mount but maybe not ideal for the Lumia 900. Since the buttons are on the side, the side clamps block the camera button and most of the unlock button. I'm gonna use an eraser or something to put underneath which will make it the perfect height. You could also remove the bottom support, but since the phone is pretty heavy, I'd rather not. The weight of the phone also makes it pivot around a little easier than it should, and if youre driving on bumpy roads, the phone will shake a lot in the holder. However, it holds the phone snugly in portrait or landscape and the placement is perfect for my car.

Those are my main concerns, but they're not deal-breakers for me so I like this mount for my car. The location of the phone is really where I want it to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb