Lumia 900 Dock?

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If they would allow the screen to auto-rotate 180 degrees, then a usb dock would be easy.

If only Nokia would monitor these forums...:unsure:

Would be a great feature, was one of the first things I thought about when I picked this phone up, (Hmmm, wow would a dock work.) ... 180 Degree rotation would be fantastic.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can't really do a dock for micro-USB devices. I wonder if that's why iDevices have the 32-pin connector so it's wide enough to support a dock.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You can't really do a dock for micro-USB devices. I wonder if that's why iDevices have the 32-pin connector so it's wide enough to support a dock.

?? I have docks for both my HTC Evo 4g and my Nexus S 4g - which have a micro-usb connectors. They work great. It's definitely possible.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
yea, I used a dock for my focus s, and gnex that both had microUSB connectors.

i'd still be using that dock for my nokia if they had put the USB port on the bottom instead of the top...

the housing around the usb connector can be made wide to accommodate various designs, it's just plastic after all. it's the non-uniformity of the location of the USB ports on the handsets that make it hard for companies to make a bunch of docks

sundown28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is really the biggest thing I miss in making the switch over to the L900. My original Galaxy S (Captivate) had a dock - and it's usb port was on the "top" of the device. It laid on it's side and slid "left" into the charging port. I see no reason the same couldn't be done with the Lumia 900. The one downer is that, as it has been rightly mentioned, no auto-rotate. But I could deal with a hastily developed app that basically served as a clock/notification center that was oriented landscape...the real pain would be having to launch it every time you dock it (or undock it).

Now to go search for that Lego solution. Yes, I'm that desperate. :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
This is really the biggest thing I miss in making the switch over to the L900. My original Galaxy S (Captivate) had a dock - and it's usb port was on the "top" of the device. It laid on it's side and slid "left" into the charging port. I see no reason the same couldn't be done with the Lumia 900. The one downer is that, as it has been rightly mentioned, no auto-rotate. But I could deal with a hastily developed app that basically served as a clock/notification center that was oriented landscape...the real pain would be having to launch it every time you dock it (or undock it).

Now to go search for that Lego solution. Yes, I'm that desperate. :)

Saw a "dock" stand made of bamboo at box wave thts 19.99 with free shipping very cool lookingYou can go to BoxWave Accessories - iPad accessories, iPad cases, iPhone, Kindle, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More and look for bamboo dock for the Nokia 900.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, bamboo is kinda cool...

Style 1: Bamboo Nokia Lumia 900 Stand (Bamboo Cradles and Mounts) - A 100% bamboo stand for your Nokia Lumia 900. Simply beautiful.

smartphone_bamboo_stand_frt_lg.jpg

Style 2: Bamboo Panel Nokia Lumia 900 Stand (Bamboo Cradles and Mounts) - A two piece, 100% bamboo stand for your Nokia Lumia 900. Simply beautiful.

smartphone_bamboo_panel_stand_devicefrt_lg.jpg

Excuse the iPhone, can't get away from those things :dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre